Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

wisker bisk with helical vanes?

Old 09-06-2002, 07:58 AM

Default wisker bisk with helical vanes?

Has anyone used the wisker with a helical vane? i use an Arizona fletch tool and want to know if the bisquet does ok with a good helical.
Old 09-07-2002, 01:27 PM
Spike

Default RE: wisker bisk with helical vanes?

I have the WB, but I am going to return it. Tearing up my fletching and not as consistant arrow flight. Love the idea that you don't have to worry about he arrow falling of the rest, but I have been shooting alot and it is hard on the fletching. Next year I am going with NAPs drop away probably. You can set them up so your arrow will have a really hard time falling off and there is not disturbance on the arrow flight. Good luck and happy hunting.

Old 09-07-2002, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

schmalts

Helical vanes work fine with the whisker biscuit. The only thing I ever noticed with vanes is that some factory installed vanes tend to rip off fairly easy. You can fix that by putting a drop of fletch tite on the front tip of the vanes.

"Nocked,cocked & ready to rock"

Edited by - bowfanatic on 09/07/2002 21:06:28
Old 09-07-2002, 06:22 PM

I have seen hard helical shot without any problems through the biscuit. I myself am shooting helical for hunting and arrow flight is not affected with my set-up. I only shoot a couple of arrows a couple times a week with my hunting set-up, so I haven't noticed any major wear on the vanes.
Old 09-07-2002, 08:47 PM

Just used a biscuit for the first time and I noticed that it made my vanes wavy on the top edges?? Each arrow was only shot about 8-10 times. Anyone know if this is normal or do I have some more tuning to do?? Is it better to shoot feathers when using a whisker biscuit?? I love the biscuit but I want to get everything tuned to the nuts like my other rest!!
Old 09-09-2002, 04:51 AM
Fork Horn

I too had the "Wavy" vane syndrome after a few rounds through the WB. Strange though, they are only the white cock vane getting the wave. Also noticing the vane starting to part with the shaft at the leading edge. Will do the drop of fletch tite and let ya know. They say that the whiskers will soften up after some shooting and it will be much smoother and easier on the arrows. How much shooting? Can my shoulder take the break in or break down.
Old 09-09-2002, 10:00 AM

I just shoot 2 to 4 deg offset so I can't comment on that.

My first problem with it was this weekend at the 3D. My arrow was pushed down into the biscuit and I didn't notice it and shot into the base of a Strutting Tom. I had thought that wouldn't happen. So now I watch for it.

Mine does shoot thunderheads right with the field points out to 30 yds though. Didn't have to mess around to get them there either.

It does a number on my fletches though.