Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Shoot the 2005 BowTech Allegiance..... my thoughts!

Old 01-27-2005, 04:50 AM

Default RE: Shoot the 2005 BowTech Allegiance..... my thoughts!

125lbs soaking wet!! Buck magnent is right muzzy, dont' take that from matt! [:-]
Old 01-27-2005, 04:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

BTW Frank, I'm surprised you don't have your Old Glory yet. Thought you would be on the A list, or at least the B list. I guess it's that long draw thing.
Yeah, well Jeff, you remember back when Hoyt first came out with the Havoc with the Saber cam? It took a little over 3 months for me to get the 31 inch draw length version even though I had the local dealer order it the day after Hoyt debuted their lineup that year. It is only about two, IIRC, for the Old Glory so I can wait a bit more. Us knuckle-draggers do have our hurdles..... I will say this though, all this talk about the new Equalizer cam bows really has me excited to get one. I am guessing this will be the bow to get me over my single cam fixation.....at least I hope.
Old 01-27-2005, 07:24 AM

As far as drawing in cold weather I think the E-cam will pull easier than my I-cam. The reason being that if I have my poundage too high when it is really cold I get hung up at the back of the draw cycle, right at the peak. I think passing the peak earlier will help me out a lot.
Old 01-27-2005, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd agree with Techy. With the weight at the front of the draw, you're using the big muscles in your back to start. As the bow is pulled back, smaller muscles begin to take over. I really like the E cam draw curve because it eliminates the hump before the wall. And any creep doesn't cause the bow to get away from you.
And I'd say Matt is much smaller than the pics would indicate. Go get him muzzy. [:@][]
Old 01-27-2005, 11:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey easy now instigators! How do I know Muzzy isn't 130# soaking wet!? I could be in some real trouble.
And I sure wouldn't want to mess with BM's arm snapping 155# of solid muscle.

By the way I did manage to finally punch through some wet toilet paper.......still working my way up to wet paper bags now. I'll get there though so watch out![:-]
Old 01-27-2005, 11:55 AM

That's what I like about the guys at BowTech They are willing to come on here and various forums and "hang out" with us regular guys
Did I mention that I'm 207 and climbing Sure wish spring would get heere so I could work off some of my wife's cooking
Old 01-27-2005, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Matt! I'm callin you out!...

Meet me out by the bow racks after work! (god I hope he's no bigger than me)

Anyway, Matt, you'll just have to wait your turn. Buckeyebuckhntr is first in line. He's been poking at me ever since I ordered the Allegiance.
Old 01-27-2005, 03:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Anyway, Matt, you'll just have to wait your turn. Buckeyebuckhntr is first in line. He's been poking at me ever since I ordered the Allegiance.
Hey Muzzy I actually just got home from a 5 spot round

Boy she sure shot nice
Old 01-27-2005, 03:10 PM

I shot the Allegiance over at Len in Marylands shop (Macrotech) a couple of weeks ago.I thought that the draw was pretty smooth,low hand shock,and quite.This could be a bow that I might consider to replace my LX.
After talking to Len,he made a strong suggestion that the Old Glory would be a much better fit.The OG,for me,shot much better than the Allegiance,and with my 31.5 draw,it made sense to go with the OG.So now I'm just waiting for the OG to come in...Bob
Old 01-27-2005, 10:35 PM

Shot the Allegiance yesterday and although it's nice, I'll stick with my 2004 Extreme VFT.

Not much difference - to me anyways.

Quick Reply: Shoot the 2005 BowTech Allegiance..... my thoughts!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.