Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Help! paper tune wont change!!!

Old 09-06-2002, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Help! paper tune wont change!!!

Sometimes you have to go against the norm! Try moving your rest to the right and see what happens. I've seen it first hand , not alot , but I've seen it.
I believe Eastons tuning guide even suggests the same thing.

"Nocked,cocked & ready to rock"
Old 09-07-2002, 07:49 AM

Make sure you are not torquing your bow. A friend had this problem last week when we paper tuned his bow. Moving the rest did not change much. Then I shot his setup and made a bullethole. He was torquing and not aware of it.

Old 09-07-2002, 11:19 AM

I agree with bowfanatic. is sounds like you should move the rest to the right....but sometimes you go too far, and it makes it look like you didn't go far enough.
PERSONALLY, I would eye it up for center shot, then tune it with broadheads (works much the same as bare shaft tuning, but your FOC is correct, and you don't have to broadhead tune afterwards).
get the field points and broadheads to hit the same hole, and don't worry about paper tuning.
Old 09-08-2002, 08:51 PM

Unbelievable!!!!!! Put a NAP 4000 drop away rest on, eyed up the centershot, went downstairs to the paper, 5 shots, bullet holes or less than 1/4 inch tears at 5 yrds!!!!! Used all the same arrows and everything. It appears i answered my own question when i said it looked like the left rest finger was wearing badly on the TM style launcher. On the first shot i realised what a noisey rest my old Golden key futura micro adjust rest was. I love new this rest so far, will go out tommorrow for some 40yrd shooting to see what groups i can hold, then screw some broadheads on and sight in. I can sleep well tonight!
Old 09-10-2002, 08:44 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]