Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

? for Darton shooters

Old 01-24-2005, 06:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default ? for Darton shooters

I was wondering if anyone shooting Dartons have shot their bow with and without the VSS (Vibration Suppresion System) modules. My Maverick came without them and I am wanting to get opinions on whether there worth the extra money or not.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ? for Darton shooters

I shot my Tundra without them for a few shots. My impression is that they didn't do all that much to absorb vibration, but maybe helped a little. Limb Savers are still the #1 accessory as far as cutting vibration and noise, IMHO. Get a decent pair of catwhiskers on the string, and a string leech or small ball of catwhiskers (cut in half and tied on) on the power cable above the serving. That last trick made a difference in noise, not only with my Dartons, but also with the Bowtech Duallys I had. I have a short Enhancer 2000 and a 6" Stealth stabilizer, which cut the vibes down to nothing.
Old 01-25-2005, 09:43 AM

I haven't shot the Darton's with the VSS module yet. My Mav is 03 model. I think they softened the Draw cycle on there cam in 04 if I'm not mistaken. On my O3 model the cam has a little hand shock and vibration. I set it up with the NV Dampening system along with cat wickers,limb savers and shock blocker sab. and it took most of the hand shock/vibration out it. Jerry
Old 02-01-2005, 10:36 AM

I didn't order them on my 05 darton tempest because i dont think they would make a difference .
It is the most shock free and quietest bow I ever shot.
I thought my 99 maverick was quiet until i got my TEMPEST

Rob
Old 02-01-2005, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I own a 2004 Darton Typhoon. I shot my Typhoon bare at the pro shop before I bought it. My Darton is very loud without limb savers & string leaches.