Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtechs new cam system

Old 01-19-2005, 06:58 AM

Default Bowtechs new cam system

What are the initial opinions of the new bowtech equilizer system? I'm kind of afraid to buy one. I'm sure they are not absolute junk, however i don't want to spend 600+ bucks on a bow that is not the best I can buy in that price range.
Old 01-19-2005, 10:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bowtechs new cam system

I don't know of any bow that BowTech make's that fit's into the junk category.If you read on through this forum I'm sure you'll find all kind's of positive feedback on this new cam system.

nubo
Old 01-19-2005, 10:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

The more I shoot my Allegiance the more I like it.

The draw is a little different as it stacks up front and gently rolls over with no humps or bumps late in the draw cycle.
The back wall is solid as a rock with a nice valley.

The speed is there and it is almost silent with no hand shock.

Best thing to do is go try one but be prepared cause ya gonna want one
Old 01-19-2005, 10:24 AM

The Allegiance comes with,, IMO the best quality string and cable to ever come on a factory bow. The Equalizer cams have very much rounded string and cable tracks and I predict that serving wear will be much less of a problem than on single cam bows. The new system is a stout but very smooth draw that delivers lots of energy for hunting and speed for 3D with about the same shot noise as most single cam bows. Quality of fit and finish is very good and company support and warranty are the best in the business Shoot one soon and get your order in before turkey season!!
Old 01-19-2005, 12:00 PM

I shot the Old Glory this past Sunday. All I can say is Oh MY GOSH! It was a very, very smooth bow. Held well and had nice speed. Quiet, beyond a doubt, one of the quietest I have heard. Now I just need to figure out a way to get one.
JMAC
Old 01-19-2005, 12:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Now I just need to figure out a way to get one.
Rob a bank,mortage the house, have a clearance sale and if worst comes to worst sell off the kids
Old 01-19-2005, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ewolf, I'm curious as to why you'd be afraid to buy one?
Old 01-19-2005, 01:27 PM

I would more or less be worried of spending the money and not being satisfied. I know what I'm getting with the cam 1/2. I'm thinking of bitting the bullet. I'm shooting a custom PSE right now and its time to upgrade. I'm going to buy soon so I have all winter to get it right for tourneys. I wasn't ready to jump on the cam 1/2 the first year either
Old 01-19-2005, 02:10 PM

ORIGINAL: Ausie-guy

Now I just need to figure out a way to get one.
Rob a bank,mortage the house, have a clearance sale and if worst comes to worst sell off the kids

I am going to try to sell my existing bow in time to set up an old glory for 3D this summer. Anyone want to buy a really nice Merlin Max Extreme?
JMAC
Old 01-19-2005, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

First, I think you'll find this forum to lean heavily toward Bowtech. But...for good reason. After quite a few years shooting Hoyt, I finally was impressed enough with Bowtech to order an Allegiance. Not that their previous lineups were anything but excellent. I just didn't find anything worth changing manufacturers over. Then cam the Equalizer system. Very impressive to say the least. You get extremely good speeds out of the same draw lengths you couldn't on other bows. I think the system is very efficient in that nature. I came from the Hoyt ranks and they are well known for quietness. The Allegiance seemed to, at least in my opinion, be even quieter. I was pretty impressed with that.

Shoot one some time, I think you'll be amazed at what you don't feel.

Quick Reply: Bowtechs new cam system

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.