Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Who has the Cosmic Site from Impact Archery

Old 09-04-2002, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Who has the Cosmic Site from Impact Archery

pdq and others,

Do you hunt with this site or shoot 3D or both? What effect will the scope have in low light conditions? I have yet to lay eyes on one of these sites in person. I kill most of my deer in the last 5 minutes of light. Will this sight do the trick? Thank You.

Protect your hunting rights, "Spay or neuter a liberal."
Old 09-04-2002, 02:26 PM

Default RE: Who has the Cosmic Site from Impact Archery

Silenassassin, bought one a couple of weeks ago and it is the brightest sight I have seen. I think you would be happy with it.
Old 09-04-2002, 02:51 PM
Fork Horn

I have been shooting with mine all summer. Very bright in low light, in fact I took mine out at night and could see it through the peep with the only light available from a street light 300 yards away. A very good aperature, the sight body mechanism is ok, but I changed mine out for a cobra easyslide that is smoother operating. My buddy has the same type of setup with a HHA aluminun sight body, very nice setup. Just my 2 cents.

MN_BOWHUNTER
Old 09-04-2002, 07:22 PM

The SME Hybrid Big Horn did a great job by using light gathering tape under the wrapped fiber to increase light to the pin even under adverse conditions. If you look closely at this sight, you may not look again at the Cosmic. I liked and stocked the Cosmic before I saw the Hybrid Big Horn. Now, most of my customers choose the SME.

The one thing I didn't care for in the Cosmic is the fact that there are two thumbscrews to loosen to move the sight. You can use only one; but, without a little modification, the other will make noise.

Old 09-04-2002, 07:26 PM

I was down to choosing between the Matrix and the Cosmic sight and I guess these 43 year old eyes just needed the extra light that the Cosmic offered. I purchased the battery operated light and looking back I wonder why. I haven't needed it yet. Granted, you do have to adjust the slide which you don't with the Matrix but the 'pin' is just so much brighter. Also, I was concerned that there may be a halo effect but as of yet I haven't noticed it. Seems to be well built enough too, not as tough as some I've seen but it should suffice.
Old 09-04-2002, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

silent, as I said earlier I have two. I use them for 3D, and will hunt this year with them. I shoot in the evening until I can't see the target well enough to tell where I'm aiming sometimes, but the pin is glowing bright. I put a different sight on for 3D hunter class. This morning I was in the shadows and my target was in the sunlight, I couldn't see the pin to make a good shot. I went in & got my Pat with the Cosmic, and the pin was very easy to see. I could easily make a good shot. I'm going to put the Cosmic back on & shoot for fun. The scope is clear, so I don't really notice it. I don't mind the two thumb screws as I expect I'll set it at 25 yds and forget it, for hunting. I'd think if there was time to adjust, two screws won't matter. I chose these for the extremely bright pin. They're also very light and compact. I use a pencil to mark yardages. The marks can be erased if need be. When I walked in the shop I could see the Cosmic pin glowing. None of the other sight's pins were visible. Yes, the sight is the best one out there, in low light, IMO. I'm perfectly happy with mine.

Phil.
Old 09-04-2002, 10:04 PM

I bought one earlier this year and used it for 3-D and will use it for hunting this fall. It is by far the brightest fiber pin I have seen, and it should perform great in low light. One thing I don't like it the 2 screw adjustment, but I anticipate putting it at 20 yds and not touching it anyways, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Rod
Old 09-05-2002, 02:18 PM

I use the Impact cosmic solo plus and this sight is by far the brighest non-battery powered sight I have ever used. You can shoot in the dark if you want to. Plus I like the scope because it lines up perfectly in my peep sight.
Old 09-06-2002, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a flatliner now ,but the cosmic is brighter--hands down.I am curious if it works well in low light or if it is TOO bright.