Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

New strings and cables

Old 01-07-2005, 11:51 AM

Default New strings and cables

After hunting as much as possible i now need a new string for my matthews q2. the one i have now is starting to fray and seperate. anyone have any thoughts on new materials or brand names . thanks
Old 01-07-2005, 12:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: New strings and cables

You can't go wrong with Winner's Choice. Although I had Lancaster Archery make me a string out of 450 plus this year and I must say it is one of the best custom strings I've ever had. You can't beat the price either, it was under $25.
Old 01-07-2005, 12:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would just suggest going to a custom maker. I use a few locally, and have also bought them on line. What is nice about this is that the string is made for your bow, and all of the serving are lined up correctly. There are good and bad about every material out there so you have to decide what you are loking for. Personnaly, I do not want a total no stretch string. Having a string with some elasticity is what I want, I also usually ask for an additional strand to be put on, it it less wear and tear on the bow. Talk to the string maker to get a sense of what you are looking for.
Old 01-09-2005, 07:12 PM

thank you for your input. the only thing is i do not have a local string maker.but the season is over for me as of today but the range is still open.