Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Anyone fletch their own arrows?

Old 01-06-2005, 07:59 AM
Fork Horn

Default Anyone fletch their own arrows?

Here's a couple of questions for some of you expert archery guys on here. I am thinking about getting a fletching jig this summer so I can start fletching my own arrows. I'm concidering picking up either a Graylin Fletching Jig or a Jo Jan Mono Fletcher. Anyone have any familiarity with either of these two? Another question...I currently use a NAP Quicktune 1000 TM style rest and would like to get an idea of what the largest degree of helical fletching that I'd be able to get away with. Thanks.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anyone fletch their own arrows?

I use the Bitzenber jig. I can only fletch 1 arrow at a time, but they are very accurate and consistant. My preference in helical is 3/32" from back to front of a 4" feather. Don't forget that the more helical the more spin and drag. Experiment with your new equipment to get what works well with your set up.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Between those 2 I would Go with the Greyling
the best you can buy is the Bitzenberger.
Old 01-06-2005, 12:57 PM

you'll be fine with a grayling. as far as helical, just see what you can get away with.
Old 01-06-2005, 04:46 PM

I also shoot the NAP 1000, and fletch my own with the Grayling fletcher. Just one problem, the helical causes contact with the rest. I think you can get a straight jig. with no helical....I am having to go to a drop away rest. As far as the Grayling, I really like it. It is simple to use, and consistent.
Old 01-06-2005, 04:54 PM

I had a BPE jig and liked it. I thought all jigs were jigs. I recently bought a Bitzenburger jig and have to say I will never buy another jig. It is the best fletching jig made.
Old 01-06-2005, 04:59 PM

I agree with sniper and zak, I had the jo jan and switched to the bitzenburger, the bitzenburger is by far my favorite.
Old 01-06-2005, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

You should really consider the Bitzenberger, it's the best I've seen.
Old 01-07-2005, 07:03 AM
Fork Horn

Buy a Bitz...you will spend alot of money on junk and will eventually buy a bitz anyway.

Once you fletch your own you will wonder how you could have let anyone else do it.
Old 01-08-2005, 06:56 AM

Bitzenburger gets my vote. And, if you plan on shooting fixed blade broadheads, a straight fletched vane doesn't provide the stability you want. I stick with right helical for all my hunting arrows.

Quick Reply: Anyone fletch their own arrows?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.