Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Rangefinder Preference?

Old 09-01-2002, 08:34 PM

Default Rangefinder Preference?

I am looking at purchasing a rangefinder. Can anyone give me a recommendation comparing the Bushnell 500DX or the Bushnell Scout for bowhunting?
Old 09-02-2002, 09:28 AM

Default RE: Rangefinder Preference?

Cant compare the two but my Busnell 400 are the best. I have dropped and used them in 3d year round and they take a beating. I do plan on getting scout for size to lighten load to tree and 3d range.
Old 09-02-2002, 02:08 PM

I bought a Bushnell scout this spring (Bass Pro Shops-399) I havent used it all that much but I love it so far. They say its the smallest unit on the market.
Old 09-02-2002, 02:17 PM
Fork Horn

I have a leica lrf 800, imo is the best you can buy. I also have a nikon buckmasters 400, this is also a good one.

Brian
Old 09-02-2002, 02:19 PM
nub

They say they've fixed the problem with the scout. But mine is one battery eatting SOB.
Old 09-03-2002, 10:28 PM

I have a Scout and I love it. But I would agree, it eats batteries quickly. I have started removing my battery after I get done using it. Otherwise, I show up to use it after having not used it for a month and it will be dead. I think size wins here though -- there are just too many things you need while hunting that are shoved into your pockets and you have the choice with your rangefinder to eliminate some of the bulk. Antelope hunting is where I really utilize mine and I can put it around my neck and in my shirt pocket when not using. Hardly even know its there.
Straight shootin'.....A-train
Old 09-04-2002, 04:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

Though it wasn't on your list I would also suggest the Bushnell Sport. About the only thing that it is lacking from the other models is the multiple modes...rain, etc.... I bought mine over a year ago and have found it to be more than adequate for all of my bowhunting situations. I have been able to range down to 5 yards and out to over 250 yards on deer-type objects. It is almost as small as the Sport (minus the rounded edges) and costs around $170 most places.

Plus, I haven't had the battery problems that some of the other folks mentioned. I just put my second battery in about two weeks ago.

Old 09-04-2002, 06:52 AM

I have one of the 1st Bushnell 400's and it works great but i resently got a Leica LRF 800 and there not even close the Leica is out standing. Small, good optics, 10yd to 800yd. I use it for both hunting gun/bow and on the 3D range. If you look on the net at some of the camra supply companys you can find it at a good price I got mine at around 300.00 delivered

3DNWV
Old 09-04-2002, 06:52 AM

I have one of the 1st Bushnell 400's and it works great but i resently got a Leica LRF 800 and there not even close the Leica is out standing. Small, good optics, 10yd to 800yd. I use it for both hunting gun/bow and on the 3D range. If you look on the net at some of the camra supply companys you can find it at a good price I got mine at around 300.00 delivered

3DNWV
Old 09-21-2002, 09:01 AM

I had the same problem with the scout, batteries would last forever with my 400. So I took it back to Bass Pro and they gave me a new scout. Use it once a week to shoot 3D, went to Newfoundland for 9 days., and the orignal batteries are still in their. That's been since 2-02.

You'll never know the ending. Unless you stay till the end!

Quick Reply: Rangefinder Preference?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.