Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

PLEASE HELP WITH FALL AWAY REST!

Old 09-01-2002, 11:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PLEASE HELP WITH FALL AWAY REST!

I have a GKF Mirage, and after replacing the tiny screws with some larger, I've had no problems. I also removed the spring, and just used a peice of string and served it in my downflowing cable.

1. Clearence when shot- Excellent. I've shot 30" carbons with 5" full helical vanes with no problems. I currently shoot 4" offset with no problems.

2. Noise when shot- There was a slight THUNK but it seemed about as loud as my bow, and was muffled nicely with a peice of the included moleskin.

3. toughness- After replacing the 2 tiny screws with larger ones, It has been rock solid through 1000 shots. I was shooting full length carbons through a GKF 3D rover and just couldnt get consistant groups. I messed with everything before finally going to a drop away rest and my shooting immediately improved.
Old 09-02-2002, 10:17 AM

Donin...The Mirage as Josh says does all you need ..
We have fixed the glitch on the plate by adding a third screw!
Note: the loosening only occured on a few bows.
Another thing to note ,is The Mirage is all metal machined
with no plastic parts,
plus you know how GKF supports and stands behind
its Products.
GKF tech
Old 09-03-2002, 02:19 PM

DoninVa, the muzzy ze-rest fits the three catagories that you asked about, and it has a 30 day money back guarentee that goes with it. If you need any questiones call me at muzzy, (770)387-9300.
Old 09-03-2002, 03:22 PM

Don,

I can tell you that with the Muzzy ZE I have never had issues with clearance or noise. In fact, I have shot several different fall aways over the past few months and found that most produce a distinctive noise when the launcher arms fall against the shelf at the shot. However, to be fair, I have not tested or shot the GK Mirage. Others I have been shooting with have commented on how quiet the ZE is.

I understand that Muzzy has come out with a second generation cable slide. Perhaps "dsheally" may have had an older generation slide. I have not notice any problem with my cables.

As far as toughness goes, I have heard from others that the Muzzy is as tough as they come but I have not yet hunted with mine.

I echo the accuracy sentiments. Since installing the Muzzy ZE my left/right misses have disappeared!
Old 09-03-2002, 08:13 PM

The Golden Key "FALL AWAY" is the best fall away rest made. It has all of the adjustment for the perfect tune. True micro adjuster up and down and adjustible spring tension. This rest has made my bow more forgiving. You will not find a better adjustable fall away rest.
Old 09-03-2002, 08:14 PM

I just put on my mze about a week ago. It shoots better than any rest I have ever used. I wasn't crazy about the looks but it was easy to set up and seems very durable. I have used the Trapdoor and the Trophy Taker. They both worked alright but they both had something about them that I did not like but the MZE is great so far.
Old 09-03-2002, 09:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don, I'll throw in my .02 for the NAP 4000. I have two, and am completely satisfied with them. They work great, and are easy to set up. I have no clearance problems. Twist the lifting cable to make it move away from the fletches if necessary.

Phil.
Old 09-04-2002, 08:01 AM

I would vote for the golden key mirage for a fall away rest. i like the design much better than anything else on the market.
Old 09-07-2002, 04:26 PM
Spike

My new GKF mirage fall away is getting in the way of my vanes and bending them up real bad and effecting my arrow flight severely.

Initially I was shooting cock down - but have rotated them and got some improvement. I am using the spring with the supplied rope.

4" helical vane on beeman ICS camo hunters 100 gr. tips...I have tensioned the string so that the rest just barely contacts the stop at the end of the shot...

Help - I leave for MT elk in 8 days...
Old 09-08-2002, 01:32 AM

The trophy taker shaky hunter is a top notch rest. I put felt on
my bow shelf and on the u shaped arrow holder and the rest is
dead quiet. I did go to their web site and got the installation
instructions from there which were much better than what came
with the rest. My arrows are flying and grouping great!

Quick Reply: PLEASE HELP WITH FALL AWAY REST!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.