Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

05 BowTech hush kit problem

Old 01-02-2005, 01:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default 05 BowTech hush kit problem

All of the arms to my string silencers have broken off already. (cables silencers are fine) Maybe 400 to 500 hundred shots on the bow.

My Patriot only ever broke one arm after thousands of shots. The other BowTechs I have owned in the past I cut the hush kit off the strings when I first got the bows.

Anyone else seeing this on their 05 BowTech?
Old 01-02-2005, 03:00 PM

Default RE: 05 BowTech hush kit problem

I Don't Shoot A BowTech But I Was Thinking About Installing Their Hush Kit On My Bow. However, After Your Comments Maybe I Shouldn't. Anyone Have Thoughts On The Sims String Leeches.
Old 01-02-2005, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

My '04 Patriot trashed the string thingies after about 5-600 shots, especially the top one. I tied in some string leeches and haven't had a problem since.
Old 01-02-2005, 09:07 PM

Is your bowtech a new cam configuration? I bet it is. I have owned 3, 03 dual cam bows from bowtech. I lost my first silencer within the first 100 shots on each. The duallys eat em up.
Old 01-03-2005, 10:24 AM

This post had me curious and worried as I just purchased a Bowtech Allegiance. So I did some research on Sims String Leeches to compare them to the Bowtech Hush kit. I found that the sims tech support department recomends replacing the leeches every 300-500 shots...that's about the same if not worse than the Hush kit. In my opinion it's a horse a piece. When my hush kit goes to heck I might just try those leeches and then keep buying which ever one does the best job at silencing my bow (which is of utmost importance to me). Good shooting
Old 01-03-2005, 10:38 AM

The material is pretty soft, just like last year. I've read where some didn't last long last year and them some had many a thousand shots, like my Justice. I believe it depends on the performance of your bow (BlackKnight compared to the Justice for instance) and the weight of your arrow. I think the lighter arrows and higher speeds plays a big part in just how long the Bowtech string silencers and the Sims string Leaches actually last.
Old 01-03-2005, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

On the subject of the Bowtech silencers and the Leaches. What is the performance difference between the two? The leaches are readily available. Are they comparible to the Hush kit?
Old 01-03-2005, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cut a cat whisker in half and tie it on. Wha la problem solved? That will be $15 please make checks payable to silentassassin
Old 01-03-2005, 05:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have to have at least 1000 shot's from my 04 Patriot Dually,I'm shooting a 360gr arrow to boot .And my string silencer's are still fine .

nubo
Old 01-03-2005, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shot my 04 pat about 2-300 times and had to replace my bowtech string silencers.All the little arm thingys broke off,especially the top ones like MIKES.I also replaced them with the string leaches and had no problem what so ever.
I think this year I will be replacing all my bow accesories with SIMS products

Quick Reply: 05 BowTech hush kit problem

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.