Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

arrow make a quieter bow?

Old 12-31-2004, 02:03 PM

Default arrow make a quieter bow?

hey guy i was in the yard shooting today and my seemed a bit loud i didnt really think much of it untill i shot an old goldtip arrow and the bow swas quieter....i kept going back and forth between the beman 400's ,and gold tips 55/75's ,i even threw a few cx's in there and unless my ears are playing tricks on me the goltips were alot quieter then the cx terminators and last the bemans........weird huh
is this possible
Old 12-31-2004, 02:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: arrow make a quieter bow?

You don't say what size Terminators you were shooting, but I would have expected them to be quieter. Only thing I can think of is maybe they were a bit underspined for your setup and they were slapping your rest as they passed. Same with the Beman 400's, since I've always suspected them of being soft spined - especially after they've been shot a month or two.
Old 12-31-2004, 02:37 PM

ya know arthur .......come to think of it the bemans are older and have been shot quite a bit and i grabbed a new beman nver shot b4 and it didnt make as much noise.......hmmm i think i may switch to terminators ot gold tips and use the bemans for practice. they all fly the same and are consistant.
thank for your input
otto
Old 12-31-2004, 05:09 PM

Try some XX75's spined for your bow and about 8or 9 grains per pound if you want to hear a really quiet bow. Don
Old 01-01-2005, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Your arrows that are quieter are heaver in mass weight. You will find that the heaver arrow will also contribute to longer limb, string and cable life. More weight, slower string travel and less shock transmitted back to the riser and limb through the string.
Old 01-02-2005, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DoninVa

Try some XX75's spined for your bow and about 8or 9 grains per pound if you want to hear a really quiet bow. Don
If it was really quiet you wouldnt hear it would ya?[8D]
Old 01-02-2005, 10:26 PM

Yes it will make a Queiter Bow! Listen to the guys that shoot 5 gpi why you think that they started put more weight back on the the bow and weird silincers. Not for the Amo bow though it will make it deadly queit.. the light arrows cannot "recieve" all the engery the bow can give it as a heaiver arrow could. Hense more vibaration and noise in the lighter arrow. Also I know above me one of replies that of the xx75's my Mq1 was always Quiter with Gametracker Cx hunter 400. I would think the Carbon "absorbs" some of that extra engry or it a good dampenr.
Greg