Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech Allegiance...my thoughts

Old 12-23-2004, 10:25 PM

Default Bowtech Allegiance...my thoughts

I'm new to the board, but wanted to share my "shopping" experiences. After reading a bunch of posts on the new Bowtechs I drove 60mi to go test shoot a couple. I've been wanting a new bow and I shot the top bows from all the top companies, including the Mathews Outback and the Hoyt VTEC. I'm strictly using the bow for hunting so I was looking for the best combination of smoothness of draw, quietness, speed, size, and forgiving. They were all great bows, it was a very tough decision. What sold me on the Bowtechs were the new cams. I just think "solo cams" have reached their limit and aren't going anywhere in regards to new technology (my opinion). I then shot the '04 Liberty, '05 Old Glory and Defender. The defender was just too short for me and didn't feel right. But it did shoot VERY well. The Old glory was very smooth and quiet, just a little too long for what I was looking for. The shop I was at didn't have the Allegiance, but I figured I new enough now to trust that it would be just what I was looking for. So I ordered one and received it today. WOW. I just don't know what else to say. Smooth as silk and the perfect size and weight (for hunting IMO). The two guys working tonight were watching me and they couldn't believe how it shot and how quiet it was. I forgot to bring my bowsling to put on it though....no worries though, I didn't need it as I felt no recoil or vibration. The bow just sat there in my hand after the shot. On my twelth arrow I broke the nock of another arrow at 20yds. And I didn't even have a peep installed yet. Sure the bow makes SOME noise, but I think it's just the arrow leaving the rest. Oh, and the dealer accidentally installed a Trophy Taker Shakey rest on there and I ended up buying that too. One dealer told me the rest would be loud, but I dind't hear a thing when I drew back. I also installed a Doinker 4" hunter model stabilizer too. All I can say is that it's an amazing bow. And boy do those arrow SMACK that target. All the '05 Bowtech's were awesome, this one just fit the bill perfectly (not the bills in my wallet though!!!). I don't know a whole lot about bows, but I did shoot alot of them before making my decision and these are just my opinions and observations. The bow right now is set at 65# and is a 28" draw. I will chrony it later just to see how my old Browning compares. Sorry for the long post, but I thought there might be a few people out there that were in my position and looking for more info on these bows.
Old 12-24-2004, 12:01 AM

Default RE: Bowtech Allegiance...my thoughts

Congratulations and I think you made a good choice Mine is a 60 pound model, the first 60 pound hunting bow for me in about 25 years (the others have been 70 or 80). I know now that I made the right decision in getting the 60, it's just butter smooth drawing and still producing 70 plus foot pounds of kinetic energy at 29 inches draw. If it warms up enough this weekend, I might sight it in with my Muzzys and then try to call in a coyote!!!
Good luck with your new Allegiance
Old 12-24-2004, 12:05 PM
Fork Horn

Hi Contenderman.

Thanks for the info. on the Allegiance. It sounds like a heckuva bow!. You mentioned that you also shot the Liberty. How does the Liberty compare with the Alllegiance in terms of the smoothness of the draw and its quietness?
Old 12-24-2004, 01:16 PM

I've shot the Liberty and own a Justice, both of these bows are very close in feel noise and speed. My 60/29 Allegiance is just slightly louder than my 70/29 Justice but the Justice has Limb Savers on it. The Allegiance has a stiffer draw cycle than a 60 pound Liberty (that I shot) but it's much faster. The 60 pound Allegiance shoots my 484 grain hunting arrows 10 fps faster than my 70 pound Justice. Hold on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I just drew back my Justice and my Allegiance back to back and IMO, the Justice feels about 5 pounds heavier, The Allegiance has a "little more" on the back 1/2 of the draw cycle and the Justice just feels like it's getting smoother the farther you get back. Both bows are VERY smooth
Old 12-24-2004, 02:49 PM
Fork Horn

Hi walks with a gimp.

I've heard that the freedom cam, on the Liberty and Justice, seems to draw easier than what it's rated for. A 70# Liberty feels like a 60# draw weight bow. Is that true? The reason I'm asking is because I'm very much considering buying the Liberty. I normally like a 60# draw weight, but would consider the 70# Liberty if that's the case with the freedom cams. Thanks.
Old 12-24-2004, 07:17 PM

My best recomendation would be to test draw and shoot a 70 pound Liberty and a 60 pound Allegiance. You might even go to 55 pounds or so on the Allegiance and still get near the speed of the 70 pound Liberty. A 70 pound Liberty WILL feel heavier than a 55 pound Allegiance