Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

NAP 2000 users follow up

Old 08-23-2002, 06:29 AM

Default NAP 2000 users follow up

Hi,
I did a thread a month or so ago about the MAP 2000 drop away rest problem i developed.. to make a long story short....the pin broke on my drop away causing it to go back farther then it should which broke 2 fibers on my trophy ridge sight and other eratic arrow flight..NAP was great send me the stuff to fix my rest. Followed the instuctions...it was working great back to tight groups!!!! Just went to pro shop to have center and paper tuning checked and low and behold NO PIN AGAIN!!!! Boy was I pissed!!! I got on tthe phone with NAP, complaining on problem with their tech, Again this company stands behind their products 100%!!!!! Took care of me big time !! Still will buy their products!!!Now talking to the tech he gave me a lot of info I wish to pass along :

1: don't buy razorback broadheads they stopped production for design flaws.... currently working on bleeder blade ferrule problem.

2: they are revamping all the instructions on the drop away rest there should be slack on your cable not the no slack as per the instructions ( I figured that out while setting it up)

3: There is a problem with pins breaking on the 2000 and they are redesigning it also to the system they have on the 1000
currently the hole is under neath and the pin is pressed in moving that to the back and pressing pin in internally...

4: You guys already know about cable slide made of slicker material.

Just wanted to inform every user plus check on how you have it set up cable should be a sloping 90 degree angle and not a straight line this causes to much stress on pin ( roll ) and will break or elongate the hole it is in and the pin will simply fall out and you won't be able to replace it right!!!

To my knowlege the 4000 hasn't had any problems... if you users have problems on 2000 or 4000 reply to post...

thanks
Old 08-23-2002, 04:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: NAP 2000 users follow up

I havn't had any problem with a pin breaking, I assume you are talking about the pin that stops the rest from moving up any farther. I have my cable set to where it brings the rest up at about the last five inches of the draw. Just enough to where the rest is just fully up when I reach full draw.
Old 08-23-2002, 07:23 PM

yes I am and i had the same thing rest moving on last 5-6 inches of arrow..... still broke.....
Old 08-23-2002, 09:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

NAP makes good stuff as do alot of other companies but it would be nice if they put them through some extreme, real world tests to get all the bugs out before they send them out on the market. I hope mine doesn't break during the season.
Old 08-25-2002, 05:22 AM

I agree, but I again say they took very good care of me!!!!!! I stll would buy thier products again.... but fom reading other threads this seems to be the norm with trying to get market share look what companies do with software and hardware.....maybe companies should do something like beta testers first!!!!! I would sign up!!!
Old 09-02-2002, 07:52 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-04-2002, 04:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well I said I hoped that the pin wouldn't fall out during hunting season and low and behold it did just that. Lucky the store is letting me exchange it as I definetly don't have time to wait for NAP to send a fix or a new one. I think I'm going to put a little dab of J. B. Weld or something on it so hopefully it doesn't fall out again.
Old 09-04-2002, 09:00 PM

sorry to hear that bigbulls!!!! At least mine started before hunting season...just got all my stuff in and am almost ready to shoot...
Old 09-05-2002, 02:30 PM

oh man that dosn't sound good! too many new products that wasn't researched very good sounds like. oh well I'll stick to my GKF Mirages....they work!