Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Looks like my 04 Pat will be sporting new limbs

Old 12-23-2004, 12:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Looks like my 04 Pat will be sporting new limbs

While enjoying a morning hunt the other day I looked down at my bow to notice a "scratch" on the upper limb. Further investigation revealed the scratch was actually the much-feared Patriot Limb delamination beginning to occur .

For the record this bow has NEVER been pressed in other than a parallel limb bow press (x-model of some sort) and a bow master style rig- pulling from the limb tips. The limbs were always turned down before pressing also.

Oh well I guess this will give me the chance to trade up to 70# limbs from the 65# jobs I currently have.

I did manage to take this brute that same evening so I'm not too bummed .

Old 12-23-2004, 12:22 AM

Default RE: Looks like my 04 Pat will be sporting new limbs

Ho LEE CrapPPPP!! I'd just throw the bow away and get a new one if I could shoot deer like that one every year Congratulations on the deer and condolences on your limbs[&:]
Old 12-23-2004, 05:23 AM

wowwwww! at least they went out in a blaze of glory, and not with a whimper like mine.
Old 12-23-2004, 05:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congratulations on the buck. That sure is a beauty.

Good timing on the limbs...since you already took the buck.
Old 12-23-2004, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dave:

Congrats on the great buck. Good luck with the new limbs, but considering the tuning hassles you had, maybe you should just trade up to an Equalizer! I really didn't think I would be in the market for a new bow, but these are making me rethink, and I haven't even shot one yet!
Old 12-23-2004, 06:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm afraid that your pat has gone to great extreme's to get you wonderful looking buck Dave LOL. I'm thinking that I might order some 70# limb's for my dually this winter as well .Do you have any idea what the cost would be in Canadian dollar's for a set.?

nubo
Old 12-23-2004, 11:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for all the congrats and yes IF I could shoot one like this every year I'd probably get bored w/ bowhunting-LOL. He is my best to date and the Pat did a marvelous job of blowing a Phantom tipped Beman straight through him at 13 yards w/out him even flinching before or at the shot. The phantom actually "sprayed" blood at the impact point and beyond as a gunshot wound would do. The blood trail was the best I have ever followed. Only hang up is that was the only Phantom tipped arrow I could get to fly to POA at 30 yards. I searched for a long time the day after to find my "lucky arrow" and it was buried to the nock!
I love the way this broadhead performed and will not stop next year until my bow will group a set of them.

Joe PA- you’re very correct about my tuning woes and a new bow to fix it, but I'm hoping a matched set of limbs might cure my ills. I have a theory that since I ordered a heavy 60 I may have not received a set a limbs that perfectly (or as close as normal) matched each other. I asked for oddballs and wonder how close the oddballs reflected each other.

So I'm gonna give the new limbs a shot, possibly a new dozen arrows, possibly a new rest and then if all else fails I'll be bow shopping.
But I really like my Pat and want things to work out with it.
All I ask out of it is that it group Phantoms at 30 yards dead on, like my old Mighty-might could do. I know too many people who shoot phantoms accurately to think this is an impossible dream.

I have to wonder if the new Binary cam system could be retrofitted to a Patriot to make it an Allegiance. The rest of the specs add up I wonder if they just threw new cams on the old riser?

Nubo- Last time I saw it posted I think a set of limbs went for ~$60-75 American.
Mine had better be covered under warranty so I hope not to find out.

Thanks again everyone, I hope this tickle pink feeling never goes away. The buck is at the Taxidermist so all I can do is stare at his pics over and over again
Here's another view of him-

Old 12-23-2004, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oops sorry so small,

Old 12-23-2004, 07:11 PM
Typical Buck

Awesome deer DaveC and I'm glad to see the tuning issue didn't stand between you and one hell of a season. Sorry to hear about the limb situation as I can sympathize having been in the same boat. I will still attest to Bowtech customer service though......they do really stand behind their products. Despite the cracked limb and the bad finish, I plan on staying with the Patriot for another year. Why ruin a good thing, eh?

Merry Christmas,

Fritz
Old 12-24-2004, 02:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I also had limb problems this year. Except mine was with my Liberty. Went through 2 sets of limbs. Turns out it was the limb pocket that was causing the problems. Replaced the pocket, and havent had a problem since. Might be something you want to check out!

Quick Reply: Looks like my 04 Pat will be sporting new limbs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.