Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Looks like my 04 Pat will be sporting new limbs

Old 12-24-2004, 02:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Looks like my 04 Pat will be sporting new limbs

My Bowtech dealer already had to do some $20.00 limb pocket lubing due to a nasty creak the bow developed after ~6 months of mild, dry weather only back yard shooting.
He had to totally take the bow apart for that one.

Gee, thanks for reminding me[8D]. I guess I'm about to be out another $20.00 for my $650 bow to be repaired during the first year of ownership. GO BOWTECH!
Old 12-24-2004, 05:31 AM

dave, if you bought that bow at you dealer's shop, i think it is very uncool that he charged you to lube the limb pocket.
Old 12-24-2004, 07:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Exactly Gibblet! very uncool.

nubo
Old 12-24-2004, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice dear Dave , whats he got 5 on one side , and 3 on the other ? Big dear . Hey switch arrows and I bet you have an easyer time tuneing , accs or allunimuns should be easyer to get to tune with fixed heads IMO .
Old 12-24-2004, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gibblet, I bought the bow from a dealer ~1hr 30minutes from the house way out there. The shop owners were speed freaks and I didn't care for the sloppy manner in which I watched them set up some bows. I overheard them tell a customer the bowtechs were just too fast for fletching to clear a drop away and to use mechanicals and not worry about it. There was some shop attitude floating around towards me and another customer to boot. Not a place I cared to frequent.

Then a new shop opened ~ 45 minutes from my house on the way to my deer lease. The guys running the place are super nice and seem to have a handle on bow tuning. That's where I took it for the lube job and help with tuning (which didn't cure my ills). So I guess I could have drove way out of my way and spent ~the same on gas to get the original shop to do it- possibly for free.
My bad, I forgot about that option.

ijimmy, the buck is a seven I guess- one of the brows is small. I call him an eight because there is somewhat of a brow tine on the right side. Had it been anywhere else on the rack I wouldn't count it, but it is there. The way I see it if a boy is born w/ a 3/4" pecker he wouldn't be called a girl- there is something there where IT belongs!

I tried tunning with beman 340's and easton 400's. I could get the bow to shoot slicktricks and stingers (both heads claim to shoot like FP's, so go figure) well out to 30 yards, but the phantoms wouldn't and the muzzy 3 blades had a kick to the arrow I could see in flight, but never tune out. They would hit where I was aiming, but I didn't like the kick enroute.

Didn't pull out the ole 2315's, but who knows I may even give that a whirl next time.
Old 12-31-2004, 09:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Took my Pat to the shop today and had a great experience. The tech even said he had thought of me recently and hoped I wasn't pizzd that he charged me $20 for the limb lube job. I told him I understood the $20 as I didn't buy from them and time is money.

They looked the limb over and agreed it was bad, said they would fix me up with no him-hawing around about it. Even asked me to shoot thier new arrival (today)the Switchback. It reminded me alot of my Patriot, but stacked a little sooner. They didn't have any 05 bowtechs in stock yet.

Only trick with my limb swap is I'm wanting my heavy 60 limbs (65#max) replaced with 70#ers. He tried calling Bowtech to see what they'd say, but they must have been off for New Years eve.

So I'm crossing my fingers I'll get the 70# limbs. The 60& 70# bows cost the same so I don't see why there would be a hang up with increasing the weight, but the ball is in their park so-to-speak.

Wish me luck!
Old 01-01-2005, 06:38 PM

dave, i completely understand about not wanting to return to a particular shop. hopefully you'll get your 70's. have you tried that super tuning thing? i bought some phantoms after reading about the splatter and it even worked on them.
Old 01-01-2005, 09:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gibblet, I'd have to look that one up again to see if it's near anything I tried.
Once I get my bow back I'll do whatever it takes to get it right with Phantoms.

A close friend of mine had nearly the same blood splatter experience with Phantoms on opening weekend 04. He shot a cull 6 and said the blood was spraying out of each side of the deer as it ran it's paultry 40 yards before piling up.
I like the big cut with full size bleeders and cut on impact design. If a big pig should pop out while I'm on stand I don't have to worry about penetration. They sharpen up good for me also.
Old 01-02-2005, 05:16 AM

lets see if i can get this to work.... nope

here's a link to a thread on AT where there is a link to a pdf file you can download with pictures and everything. it's about 3/4 down the page.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...t=super+tuning
Old 01-04-2005, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the link Gibblet. I printed it off and will read it thoroughly later tonight.