Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Hmm since board is slow

Old 12-20-2004, 11:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Hmm since board is slow

Ok you technical guys, since you are commenting on the board being slow, perhaps you can take the time to help me out.

Compared to most I am probably relatively new to Bow-hunting. I first picked up a bow 3 years ago after 20-some years of gun-hunting. I have had success with my Hoyt MT Sport 60-70lb (set at 65lb). My first year I shot an 8 point and won 3rd place in my class (Bowhunter) shooting indoors.
SO anyway, while I am proficient and can hit what I aim at with my bow, I want to take advantage of new technololgy.
Basically I want a new bow, I thought it was gonna be a new Hoyt, but their new line-up is sooo disappointing TO ME, that I am leaning towards Bowtech or Mathews. But this is where I get hung up. the only thing I know is I like a short bow say 33" A to A or less. As far as brace height or all the other words you techies throw around you may as well be talking chinese cuz i have no idea what you're talking about.

I know I know go shoot a bunch and find one you like, I doubt I know enough or can shoot a bow enough in a shop to tell any difference. I don't really have any bowtech or mathews dealers too close. My area is Hoyt Hoyt and more Hoyt.

What I want is a bow that is primarily used for hunting yet will allow me to be past the curve of most archers shooting in the Bowhunter class during indoor shoots. I know that I am probably talking about making a $700-$1000 dollar investment and I am prepared to do that. Don't worry, I'm not going to run out and buy a bow because so and so says too, but I want to narrow my search to a few that fit the bill, and then track them down and shoot them. Thanks.
Old 12-20-2004, 12:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Hmm since board is slow

BowTechs in the 33 inch range.

Patriot VFT
Allegiance VFT
Liberty VFT

Mathews in the 33 inch range

Switchback
Legacy

I shot the Patriot last year and will shot the Allegiance this year for 3-D and hunting.
Old 12-20-2004, 12:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey where do you shoot at. You live within 20 minutes of me if you are in youngstown.

We have an indoor 3-D league starting second week of JAN over at Acorn archery in New Castle PA. You should come shoot it. 40 yard max.

JB's in middlefield Acorn Archery in New Castle PA and Glenns in Guilfod lake are all pretty close. They are all BowTech dealers.
Old 12-20-2004, 12:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Actually i shoot on the fringes of New Castle, in Edinberg at the "Ole General Store". It's not the most glamorous place but I have friends and family that shoot there.
Old 12-20-2004, 12:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Man I drove out to Glenns one day when he was supposed to be open and no one was there. It made me Mad.
Old 12-20-2004, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well if your looking for a fast accurate ,forgiving,shock free bow in the 33" range for hunting and 3D,target use then check out the bowtech patriot SC.Not sure about the new bowtechs but the allegiance and old glory look good as well.
Old 12-20-2004, 02:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes, I don't care for Glens at all. He doesn't deserve to be a BowTech dealer IMO.

Acorn Archery and JB's are top notch though. I am actually heading over to Acorn Archery this evening with a couple buddies[8D]
Old 12-20-2004, 02:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

DO they have a website? WHere abouts in New Castle is it? Will you respond to this thread tomorrow and let me know if he has any new Bowtechs in? Particularly the Allegiance. Thanks.
Old 12-20-2004, 02:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

He has the Allegiance Defender and Old glory in right now.

He is on RT 108 in New Castle

Phone number is 724-656-8737.
Old 12-21-2004, 12:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Buckeye
What did Acorn Have? How were the bowtechs set-up accessorie wise? Prices??..come on Bro gimme some dish..What are holiday hours? I'm thinking of heading over Thursday.

Quick Reply: Hmm since board is slow

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.