Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtechs???

Old 12-18-2004, 05:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default Bowtechs???

Out of curiosity, what is the big deal about bowtech bows??? I see alot of people talk about them... So what's the deal??? I have no experiance with them, other than seeing commecials for them... And what are they priced like??
Old 12-18-2004, 05:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bowtechs???

They are just a great bow with an outstanding warranty, warranty department and service.

They build the bows we (the consumer) ask for not what they think we want.

High end BowTechs run in the $600 to $700 dollar range.
Old 12-18-2004, 06:05 PM

They are very nice bows. The price will depend on where you live. Here in the Portland OR area, they rarely go for less than $700, at least from what I have seen.

JMAC
Old 12-18-2004, 08:31 PM

They are not all that much, my Might Might was only like 569 or something like that, and some are around the 400 mark.

I liked the way it felt in my hand, it has a small narrow grip and I have small hands. I also like the way it looks and shoots.

Also they are very effecient. Mine is very quick even at my short draw length. Some bows lose effeciency as you drop poundage or shorten the draw length, the bowtechs seem to be a little better about retaining some of it. The will all lose speed as you drop poundage and draw length, but some a bit more then others.

And like said above, quality product with suposedly good customer service ( I haven't had to use it yet).

Paul
Old 12-19-2004, 06:46 AM
c j
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: XArmy55

Out of curiosity, what is the big deal about bowtech bows???
Go to a dealership and shoot one, along with any other brand/model you choose. Then you'll know what the big deal is.
Old 12-19-2004, 11:53 AM
Fork Horn

Well I go to alot of dealers around here and have never seen a bowtech... But I'm sure thier here some where... It would have to be quite amazing to get me to let go of my Ultra Tec...
Old 12-19-2004, 01:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

It would have to be quite amazing to get me to let go of my Ultra Tec...
If you go test shoot one leave all forms of payment at home unless your ready to throw down some cash on a new bow
Old 12-20-2004, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Army, so where is around here? I can see the BowTechs at 5 or 6 shops around here. All within an hour drive.
Old 12-22-2004, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

They are some nice bows . Kind of expensive , but less than buying a mathews bow and haveing to replace the string and cabel before you can even shoot the thing [ bowtech has allways used quality strings] . They have a new cam system this year and It looks to be a winner , time will tell . My next bow will be either an old glory or allegiance .
Old 12-22-2004, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I guess it depends on your perspective. Bowtech is a relatively new company that has earned a pretty decent market share in just a few years. Up until last year, the trademark of the company was excellent performance - great speed and Kinetic energy delivered for the draw weight and length, as well as producing a quiet, shootable bow. I personally prefer their dual cams, and have a Patriot Dually now. The speed of the bow is almost unbelievable compared to the recoil and vibration, which are nearly non-existant. All this with a very shootable 7 5/8" brace height. Their new bows are reported to be nearly as good in the performance area, with even smoother shooting, like their '04 Freedom Cam bows. Another reason you hear a lot about Bowtech on the internet forums is that representatives from the company, even Kevin Strother, chief designing engineer, monitor the boards, and even go so far as asking archers what they would like the company to produce. How many bow companies do that? So there really is a lot to talk about with this company. Of course some shooters prefer Mathews, PSE or even say...Hoyt! Bows of choice will always be a personal thing. Bowtech certainly makes one of the better choices out there.

Quick Reply: Bowtechs???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.