Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Is Bowtech having problems??

Old 12-18-2004, 10:37 AM
CWB

Default Is Bowtech having problems??

It seems like maybe Bowtech is having problems getting their bows made and delievered. I am hearing of a few people getting some but not many. The ones that people seem to be getting have the no. 5 cam which is 28 inch draw length on the Defender model and 29.5 inch draw on the Old Glory. Have not heard of anyone getting much else in draw length choices? I have not heard of any 29" Old Glory's. I was kinda wondering if they are having problems getting the other cams made? I thought they were going to have the dealers pkgs to the dealers the first part of December. My dealer has only got one bow that was the Defender and that was 3 weeks ago and nothing else since?
Old 12-18-2004, 11:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Is Bowtech having problems??

There are others just about ready for shipping........It should be very soon for the others to start hitting shops.
No problems, just the usual waiting on outside vendors to get stuff done. New cams and draw length specific at that .......it's all new parts that have to be cut, and cut CORRECTLY.
Remember we need basically all of them ready to go for January 5th and the ATA show, and that's only a few weeks away.
Also remember it wasn't too long ago that everything waited until AFTER the ATA (AMO show) and sometimes quite a bit after.
I'm waiting on a bow myself, no biggie. Good things come to those who wait.
Old 12-18-2004, 12:18 PM

I'm a left handed shooter. My dealer talked to Bowtech and was told the left handed models would be ready to go in January. No big deal; still plenty of time to until next season!
Old 12-18-2004, 08:36 PM

This always happens for new models, do a search for a year or so ago about hoyts and mathews. I see this every year when the new lines are released. I can't believe the amount of people that will buy a bow sight unseen and without shooting it first.

Paul
Old 12-19-2004, 06:41 AM

I can't believe the amount of people that will buy a bow sight unseen and without shooting it first.
That never ceases to amaze me. The only time I ever did that, it was a disaster. I guess today most figure that all bows are good enough and any surprises can probably be taken care of with 3rd party add-ons.
Old 12-20-2004, 06:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

I can't believe the amount of people that will buy a bow sight unseen and without shooting it first.
Come on now Paul. Some of us just look forward to the experience even if it doesn't always live up to our expectations. There are so many great bows out there each year that it makes it easy to try a couple new ones every now and then. Plus, I think many folks start to build a certain level of trust in specific bow designs and/or with the company itself especially in Bowtech's case where we, as archers, have some influence in the development of their lineup each year. I know what I expect from Bowtech's new cam system and I sincerely doubt I will be disappointed. I took the same big leap with Hoyt's Cam and a Half a few years ago and look what happened with that.