Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

I went, I shot, I was impressed......

Old 12-14-2004, 09:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I went, I shot, I was impressed......

I went to the shop this afternoon and put the Old Glory through the paces and I was very impressed with it. Remember these are just my opinions of the bow and everyone will have to form their own opinion. But here goes. The bow is exceptionally smooth. It was a 70 lb bow (verified) but for me it felt like low 60's. You start off pulling a little more weight but the smoothness of the cycle coupled with the fact that their isn't a break over point but rather a fluent pull of the weight made it very pleasant to draw. I must admit that I wasn't expecting the bow to live up to the hype so it had to really sell itself, which it did. The back wall is exceptionally solid and it felt very similar to the infinity cam. It had a bit of vibration (bare bow) but it was just a bit and could be absolutely done away with by adding a decent stabilizer (or any stabilizer for that matter). The bow was very quiet but of course it had the hush kit on it so it is supposed to be quiet. The balance was great. It literally just sat there after the shot. I didn't get to shoot it through the chrono because the bulb broke on the chrono but it seemed to be spitting them out there pretty good. The valley was kind of narrow but not bad at all. If you creeped it would try to go but it wasn't trying to rip your arm off when it did. Overall I thought it drew smoother than my Patriot and I thought it had a little better valley than my Patriot does. I did find one problem with the bow though. I found it very difficult to set it down. I just kept wanting to shoot it and shoot it and shoot it and....... If I was still shooting 3D or hunting from my lock-ons or wasn't so broke I would defintely have one. I want to shoot it again and I want to shoot it side my side with my bow but my initial impression is that this was one of the nicest overall bows that I have ever shot. All of these things are subjective and some of you will inevitably view these things differently than I have but these are my honest objective opinions of the bow. I will be hunting all day tomorrow but I will answer any questions when I get home tomorrow.
Old 12-15-2004, 05:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: I went, I shot, I was impressed......

Thanks for the info SA. Sounds like it would meet my expectations. I am assuming the model you shot was the standard 29.5 inch that seems to be hitting most dealers shelves these days? I wonder what an additional 1.5 inches of draw length would do to that vibration/recoil level. Guess I will just have to wait and see.

Thanks again.
Old 12-15-2004, 06:39 AM

SA:

Your comments reflect exactly my initial impressions of that bow.
Old 12-15-2004, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Len in Maryland

SA:

Tease...
Old 12-15-2004, 09:03 AM
Typical Buck

quote:

ORIGINAL: Len in Maryland

SA:

Tease no doubt, do you want to share any more info there Len?????
Old 12-15-2004, 09:11 AM

Thanks for posting silentassassin,
After shooting the Allegiance I figured the Old Glory would be just as nice. Sure wish you would hurry up with some pics Len, the wait is killing me
Old 12-15-2004, 09:45 AM

SA-

Which Patriot are you talking about SC or DC? How long does it feel like you're pulling the extra weight?
Old 12-15-2004, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man, I'm dying over here awaiting to shoot one. Did anyone who has shot this bow notice anything on cam lean? I see this coming up as a concern on quite a few boards. I am not terribly worried, just curious to see what the experts here think.
Old 12-15-2004, 12:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Muzz,
Here's a quote from a guy on Atalk (Evansarchery) about some of the new BowTech's he got in at his shop.....he mentions cam lean.

I have shot The Defender, The new Tomcat, and The Independence. So far I am very impressed by these 3 bows. I had to check my shop scales when I drew the Independence, I could have swore it was about 60 pounds, but it was on 71!!! The smoothness is unmatched, even smoother than the Liberty! I also checked the Defender for cam lean with our laser and found very little if any. I was sceptical at first, but not anymore. I think this will be a banner year for Bowtech.
There is an indepth post somewhere that I need to find that explains how the weight distribution on the "E" cams by design does not promote excess cam lean.......I'll see if I can find it.
Old 12-15-2004, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

silent, I've only shot the Allegiance so far. But I felt much the same as you. I did chrono it. 28", 60#, 330 gr arrow went 286. BC was 301. So a 300 gr arrow would have been right around 300 or a little better. I can't wait to get my Old Glory. And an Allegiance would be a great hunting bow in a shorter ATA.

Quick Reply: I went, I shot, I was impressed......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.