Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

I went, I shot, I was impressed......

Old 12-15-2004, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I went, I shot, I was impressed......

am assuming the model you shot was the standard 29.5 inch that seems to be hitting most dealers shelves these days? I wonder what an additional 1.5 inches of draw length would do to that vibration/recoil level. Guess I will just have to wait and see
PA,

That is correct it was the 29.5. I don't see another 1.5 inches of draw length making much difference on this bow. With the standard accessories you will never know that it had a little vibration at one time. As far as recoil there wasn't any. I think you will be happy with your purchase.

Your comments reflect exactly my initial impressions of that bow
Len,

I knew there was some common ground out there for me and you I look forward to reading your report and or findings.

Which Patriot are you talking about SC or DC? How long does it feel like you're pulling the extra weight?
I am talking about the SC Patriot. The initial weight doesn't last long it's not an excessive amount at all. It doesn't "load up" on the front end or anything you just start out with a little more weight but it's so easy to get back once you get it going that you barely notice it.

I've only shot the Allegiance so far. But I felt much the same as you. I did chrono it. 28", 60#, 330 gr arrow went 286. BC was 301. So a 300 gr arrow would have been right around 300 or a little better. I can't wait to get my Old Glory. And an Allegiance would be a great hunting bow in a shorter ATA.
pdq,

I am looking forward to shooting the Allegiance. The Old Glory is so nice that I can't imagine the Allegiance not being a pleasure to shoot also.
Old 12-16-2004, 08:11 AM

SA-

"Once you get it going"

That's an interesting choice of words about the draw of the bow. I'm glad it's more the like the Pat SC than Pat DC. I should be getting my early next week, supposedly.
Old 12-16-2004, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Double,

The small amount of extra weight that you pull up front is really a non issue and barely noticable. I was truely thinking it was going to draw like the DC but it was suprisingly smooth.
Old 12-16-2004, 12:49 PM
Typical Buck

SA,

Have you had a chance to run it through a chrony yet?

Old Glory vs allegiance, which one would you choose for an all around bow, hunting and 3D. I have shot the allegiance, but the local dealer here does not have the old glory yet.
Old 12-16-2004, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

reylamb,

I haven't gotten to shoot the Allegiance yet but I am hoping to in the next week or so. My choice would porbably be the Allegiance but it depends on how you hunt really. If you hunt lock ons and shoot 3D pretty often then I would think the Old Glory would be the perfect bow. If, like me, you rarely shoot 3D and spend a lot of time in a climber the Allegiance would probably be the better fit. The old Glory looks to be about as close to being the perfect "combo" rig as there is.
Old 12-16-2004, 04:22 PM
Typical Buck

I shoot alot of 3d, but I hunt out of climbers, mostly open front climbers. The old glory is about the same geometry as my Ultratec, just suped up a little, and the allegiance is closer to my razortec, again suped up a little bit. What I was trying to avoid was buying 2 ows next year and settling on one to do everything. That may be unavoidable though.
Old 12-16-2004, 07:36 PM

Some one on AT just received their new bow. Here is what they said, " I got my Old GLory today, all I can say is Oh my God. This thing is unbelievable. I shot it at 29.5, 70 pounds set the way it came out of the box set for me. I used an X-Cutter Pro at 365 Grains. I threw on a GK Premier and eyeballed it in fist shot perfect through paper. Second shot through Chrony was 310. Nothing else on the bow but two knocks no stabilizer and it was as quiet as anything with no recoil. The bow is EVEN MORE THAN THE HYPE> IT IS AWESOME> I had it over at another guys house and he shot it, he commented on the fact that it had no recoil. The draw was so smooth and AMAZING. BowTech has done it, I wondered if they could beat the feel of the Pro 40's draw and they did. Hopefully Jake can vouch for me as it was his chrony we shot through. Anyhow, no one will be disapointed with the thing. It is simply amazing. I can not wait to get my Constitution. Way to go BowTech."

Keith
Old 12-17-2004, 07:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

It just sound's like another very top of the line product from BowTech ,this isn't a surprise any more .
Silent ,thank's for your review ,I have a good friend who's looking at the Mathew's Ovation maybe I can swith him to the Old Glory.

nubo