Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

stabilizer

Old 12-14-2004, 09:31 AM

Default stabilizer

I'm looking for a stibilizer for a 2004 hoyt vipertec. It has a hunter hog-it sight and a trophy ridge dropzone rest if that makes a diff. What would you suggest? (brand - length - weight)
Old 12-14-2004, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: stabilizer

My favorite stabilizers on my TECs are the Doinker D2 Multirod and the Trophy Ridge Xchanger! Both offer excellent feel and balance and both do an excellent job of soaking up vibes!

Old 12-15-2004, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Noons, My suggestion is to visit a pro shop that will allow you to try different stabilizers. A stabilizer not only reduces vibration and noise, but is a great tool for tuning you bow. Stay away from stabilizers with rubber bushings between the rod and the weights. The Saunders Torque Tamer is my favorite indoor stabilizer, but when you hunt in extreme cold, the rubber rings between the weights will harden and change the tuning. Not buy much, but it stiffens the bow. I have shot the Doinkers and they are not influenced as much "unless" the round pre-stabilizer is used. I shoot a 12" Accu Flite for my hunting setup. This is a silicone filled stabilizer with no changes in weather extremes. The stabilizer that IL-Cornfed has pictures is an Excellent choice. Take your time and shoot assorted sizes and manufacturers. A bow can be fine tuned by using the correct stabilizer for your set up.
Good Hunting...
Old 12-16-2004, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

one of the best Stabelizers I have used to date for noise and Vibe reduction is the Tranquilizer from Golden Key Archery.

If you are looking for a little more weight you may try one of the doinker models.
Old 12-16-2004, 11:36 PM

check out www.stealtharchery.com its amazing.
Old 12-17-2004, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

S T E A L T H.
Old 12-18-2004, 08:12 AM
Typical Buck

Well, you can't beat Stealth if you want the best vibration reduction.
I now use Genesis target stabilizers exclusively and recently got a shorter one for hunting.
You can move the sliding weight on the Genesis to get a perfect balance for any bow and tune it for better groups.
Plus, it doesn't do half bad reducing recoil either.
Last but not least, I consider them one of the coolest looking stabilizers made.
To me, they're the best built of all the multi-rod stabilizers.
I use the Ultra Lite 5 Stars but the 4 Stars save on weight and are nice too.
http://www.genesisarchery.com/

Sag.
Old 12-21-2004, 02:27 PM
Fork Horn

STEALTH, give Jerry a call, these are the best imho. Bhunter32.
Old 12-29-2004, 08:09 PM

I woudl sya I woudl tend to go with a Doinker, the Doinkers are a heck of a good stabilizer in my opinion. After that a Stealth, Limbsaver or Trophy Ridge all work well.
Old 12-31-2004, 11:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have a stealth from Jerry ,he will como dip them for you if you like .I think Stealth is among the best stabilizers in the market and alot of us here use them.

www.stealtharchery.com

nubo

Quick Reply: stabilizer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.