Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

wisker biskets for beginners

Old 12-09-2004, 07:22 AM
Fork Horn

Default wisker biskets for beginners

My son is going to take up bow hunting and I need to get him a rest. I have heard that if you flinch a little or have less than perfect form the wb will throw your shot off way more than a regular rest. Has any one heard or experienced this?
Old 12-09-2004, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: wisker biskets for beginners

Yes. And in my experience, if your string and cable(s) are susceptible to creep, look forward to constant tuning to maintain consistent grouping.
Old 12-09-2004, 01:21 PM

Flinching, poor shooting form, shooting untuned bows, and shooting incorrectly spined arrows a recipe for poor results regardless of the rest used on the bow.

That being said, the whisker biscuit will reward good shooting form, and properly tuned bows, shooting the correct spine arrows.

The whisker biscuit is easy to setup. And it stays in adjustment.

For the best results setting up the biscuit you should start by setting the bow at an even tiller. Most bows can be set at an even tiller by simply backing out both limb bolts an even number of turns from maximum.

The biscuit should be parallel to the bowstring not tipped forward or tipped backward.

The arrow should be nocked at 90degrees to the bowstring.

You should shoot the correct spine arrows for the bow.

The windage for the rest should be adjusted to the position where the bow shoots all arrows to the same vertical line at all distances. Then the sight can be adjusted to that line.

Nock high or nock low arrows in the target can be corrected by adjusting the tiller of the bow. Simply tighten the bow limb that is in the direction that you want the nock end of the arrow to go. Or you can loosen the limb bolt that is in the opposite direction that you want the nock end of the arrow to go and accomplish the same thing. But you should leave the arrow nocked at 90degrees to the bowstring.

Good luck bowtuning! And good luck with your whisker biscuit, it will help you fill your freezer!

Good luck hunting! >>>------------->
Old 12-10-2004, 10:42 AM
Typical Buck

Arrrowman,

YOu know a lot about the WB I can tell. I have a questions for you I had WB Delux put on my bow at a pro shop. I shoot it with the cock feather up. The problem is if I have the bow drawn the vein on the right is the only one that gets wrinkles in it and the WB is worn in that same spot. Meaning some of the Bristles are broken off. When I have and arrow nocked and bow not drawn I do notice that the vein is very close to the cable. Any idea how to fix the problem It still shoot great groups. It does fish tail a little.

Thanks
Old 12-10-2004, 12:07 PM

Parrot Head,
You got two clues.#1 the arrow is fishtailing mean you are shooting the incorrect spine arrow. #2 the arrow is flexing inside the biscuit after release causing the warping of the one vane, also an indication that you should try a different spine arrow.

The correct spine arrows will launch in a straight line and hit the same vertical line at all distances.

Good luck hunting! >>>------------>
Old 12-10-2004, 12:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Parrot, curious, how does your set up paper-tune right now? Are you getting a bullet hole?
Old 12-10-2004, 12:54 PM
Typical Buck

First thanks for the responses. I did not paper tune. I asked Larry if I should he said not to worry about it so I didnt do it. So should I paper tune it first. Or take it to someone else to see if I have the correct arrows. I am done bow hunting for the year so I am in no hurry.

Thanks.
Old 12-10-2004, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, if the center shot and windage isn't set properly, you could have properly spined arrows giving you the problems you indicated.

For me I like to paper tune from 6' then again at 10-12' and adjust for a bullet hole to make sure the shaft is coming out of the bow straight. I think with a compound properly tuned and centershot with a behind the arrow mechanical release, too stiff is rarely an issue where spine is a potential concern.

You may just try it to see if your issue is something as simple as the arrow not getting a straight down the pipe shove, assuming this is how you're set up.
Old 12-10-2004, 01:13 PM
Typical Buck

I will paper tune this week and let you know with happens. Thanks very much.
Old 12-10-2004, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

By all means, do as arrowman suggested to rule out spine issues while you're at it. While it's entirely possible you could get lucky and have an identical tear at both 6' and 10-12', it's unlikely. In my experience, if I'm getting a bullet at 6', I get one farther out as well. If you're arrows are underspined, this probably won't be the case.

Quick Reply: wisker biskets for beginners

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.