Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

axis shafts 1 year later

Old 12-06-2004, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default axis shafts 1 year later

1 Now that these things have been out for a year , what is your impresion ?

2 Are they the miracle shafts they claim to be ?

3 Have they held up , or do they lose spine like most other pure carbons ?

4 Were they consistant , most shafts hitting the same , or were they all over the place ?

The reason for the questions is I got a typhon and its been giving me fits , but seems to like these shafts . I beleive cabel rod toqure may be the problem , may have to get a split cabel bow next go around , for that perfect broadhead flight . Maybe Sag is onto something .
Old 12-07-2004, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: axis shafts 1 year later

Come on guy's . Jeff let us Know what you think .
Old 12-07-2004, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jeff hasn't been around in quite some time... Hope all is well with him.

Last I heard, he ditched the axis and went back to ACCs due the problems you mentioned above. He had a lengthy post here about it, a search may find it.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jimmy:

My experience with them was pretty good initially. Only 1 of the 1/2 dozen had any wobble, and broadheads spun very nicely when new. The arrows shot quite well for a few months. I got good broadhead accuracy, but not as good as my ACCs. After a few months, I had 4 of the 6 that had a noticeable wobble, and the accuracy was not nearly as good. At that point, the broadhead accuracy wasn't worth squat. I sold the 6 remaining unshot arrows with a used bow.[&:]

As far as the Typhoon goes, are you talking about a Darton Typhoon? The Tundra I have shoots very well. Broadheads are spot on out to 40 yards if I make any kind of decent shot. I am using a QAD drop away, and I did have to advance the top control wheel a bit, as I initially had broadheads sailing a bit high. Advancing the top wheel seemed to cure that problem. My backup Rampage is also just drilling with broadheads, and I have a Starhunter rest on that one for now.
Old 12-07-2004, 10:36 AM

Pretty much same as Joe here..........6 w/some wobbles , 1 terrible, 5 good spinning (new)...........they shot good at first..........but went down hill after a few months of shooting ! Groups opened up , wobbles got worse !!After 6 months or so virtually all of my nocks were loose also !! Hard targets seemed to effect them worse...btw !

I wouldn't shoot them again !

Tried some GT Pro Hunters due to so many recommendations around here and I have been much more impressed with them ! For the money I think they are a much better arrow and worth the extra $5-$10 over the Axis all day long !
Old 12-07-2004, 11:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Same thing here Jimmy. Out of the box most were very consistant for weight and straightness. After an extended period of time shooting them intensly my groups started to open up. Now, out of the initial dozen, about 5 are actually relatively straight.

Jeff has had some issues to deal with that have prevented his posting on the forums. I am sure he will be back on once things settle down a bit on his end.
Old 12-07-2004, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys , as I suspected . Man first and formost I hope Jeff is allright allso . He is a wealth of info , and most of its pretty good .

JOE , yes a darton typhon , cant figure it out , broadheads flying right no matter what I do , and my mavrick was soooo easy to get them right on , it allmost tuned itself , or atleast did what it was suposed to . My suspestion is cabel rod toqure as Ive tryed diferant spines a arrow weights , and to no avail . Looks like it'll go up on the blocks and an aleigence will replace it .
Old 12-07-2004, 04:59 PM

I wrote about the ACC shafts!
Old 12-08-2004, 04:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Man first and formost I hope Jeff is allright allso . He is a wealth of info , and most of its pretty good
What do you mean "most of it..." ?

Old 12-08-2004, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

What do you mean "most of it..." ?
I think he's referring to the 800 or so adjectives Jeff sprinkles throughout his bow reports... Personally, I find them facinating...

Quick Reply: axis shafts 1 year later

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.