Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

axis shafts 1 year later

Old 12-08-2004, 08:43 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: axis shafts 1 year later

My views on the Axis haven't changed since last year---I still think there are MUCH better shafts on the market.

And, I still don't care for those "suppository" inserts either. PITA.
Old 12-08-2004, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the reply's guys , the way they touted these things was like they were the best arrow ever , looks like time has told a diferant story . Ill stick with my beman matrix , or accs , as they have held up well for my and seem to be very consistant . Lots of guys useing beman carbon hunters , I wounder if they are better than the axis shafts . As much as I shoot , it seems as if the carbons wear out , I never had that porblem with alluminum .
Old 12-11-2004, 08:10 PM

Seen the new AC superslims Jimmy?? AC with the HIT technology...might be best of both worlds??
Super Slim Link
Old 12-12-2004, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yah Trushot , I hope Jeff will show up and test them out for us , They've got an all alluminum shft allso I believe , might be better than the axis .
Old 12-12-2004, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have used the Axis arrows all summer and fall. In all honesty I can't say they are anything special. Call me technically challenged, but I don't see where the the HIT insert is that big of deal either. What I liked about them was the fact that along with carbon durability I was able to get the weight I wanted without adding tubes. While I wouldn't say they are a "bad" carbon arrow, I wouldn't say they are head and shoulders above any other carbon in their class either as many of the ads imply.
Old 12-29-2004, 01:27 PM

I think the Axis is a good shaft. You just have to learn how to deal with a few small things. The main thing is getting the end suqared so your broadheads spine without any wobble. Out side of that they have held up & shot as well as any other carbon shaft I have shot. They meet the need for what I was looking for a small diameter all carbon arrow with a smaller nock than the standard super nock used in other Easton & Beman all carbon shafts. I still think ACC's are the cream of the crop but I can live with the Axis & will continue to use them for the time being.
Old 12-29-2004, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I personally was disapointed by them. They shot well for a while, but after shooting them for a long time, I began to notice my groups opening up. This is a problem I noticed that has plagued C2 built arrows. I had the same thing happen to both my Bemans and also some Easton Excels I shot. Great out of the box, but deteriorated after time.