Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

bowtech ques?

Old 11-17-2004, 07:59 PM

Default bowtech ques?

my cam is rubbing the cable and burring up the serving.does this happen yo you guys(bowtech shooters)Also i have a mighty mite 29'' draw.Its got the n2 module in but where should i set my draw stop ? My cable is touching the axle,but wene i put the draw stop on 6.5 from L,the draw way to short please help me with this.
Old 11-17-2004, 10:37 PM

Default RE: bowtech ques?

i'm not sure what you by 'the cable is touching the axle.' i would need some pics. where the cable rolls over the cam at full draw usually gets compressed, but shouldn't be getting burred up. it sounds to me like you need to have a bowtech dealer take a look at it. try moving the draw stop to 5.5 from the S. the other issue sounds like it needs to be looked at. there is an owner's manual online for whatever year bow you have at www.bowtecharchery.com.
Old 11-17-2004, 10:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

By the sound of it you have the wrong module for your draw lenght and by moving the draw stop to your desired lenght the cam is over rotating.

Go to your dealer and get them to install the next module and set the draw stop for that module.
Old 11-17-2004, 10:53 PM

n2 is correct for a 29" draw length and the 2004 owners manual says to correct any over rotation (cable hitting axle) by moving draw stop towards the S. i think ausie's correct. you may need a different module and to have a dealer look it over for you, because if you have a 29" draw, and that bow is supposed to be 29" dl, somethign else may be going on. you may need a 30.
Old 11-18-2004, 08:18 AM

Get that cable away from the axle! I had this problem when I was playing with my stop as well. If you set it up according to the manual it won't touch the axle, but it will come very close. If you want to do some tweaking to your bow take it back to the shop and have them help you. These bows are very adjustable, but you have to use a combination of modules and drawstop adjustments to get it right. The cam is decieving in the fact that it shows a butt load of adjustment. It isn't really so because of what you just discovered. There is actually very little adjustment you can do to the cam without affecting clearance issues with the axle.

My mighty might is set up to have a bit more let off and slight valley at full draw at 26 inches. We did this by using a 25.5 inch draw module and adjusting the stop until it hit 26 inches. I would suggest letting a shop help you since they have all the modules (or should) and you can pick and choose until you get it right. They should also have a chart that shows what does what. Plus if something were to happen to the cable because of the adjustment it would be thier fault not yours and it would be covered. The only down side is let off goes hand in hand with the valley, as does tweaking the draw length. If you want more of a valley you will get more let off. If you want less let off I would guess you will pretty much have no valley.

I do have some serving wear as well around the cam. My Darton does the same thing, I think it has to do with the more aggressive cams or something. Like I said though, don't let the cable touch the axle, that will severly shorten your string life and become dangerous. I've had a cable let loose on a bow before, it's not a pretty sight nor is it a fun experience.

Good luck,
Paul