Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

05's best for hunting so far.

Old 11-09-2004, 09:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default 05's best for hunting so far.

Now that a good bit of the 05's are out, what from a spec standpoint strikes you as the most interesting "NEW" offering for a hunting bow. So far for me I'd say the Hoyt Sabertech and for Bowtech the Defender and the Tomcat.

Boy I tell you I wish someone would make a parallel limb 30 ATA with an 8+" braceheight, with a true IBO around 305.
Old 11-09-2004, 09:26 PM

Default RE: 05's best for hunting so far.

Justice VFT??? Close enough anyway.
Old 11-09-2004, 10:51 PM
Fork Horn

You know that's a good point, if they just put the infinity cam on the Justice to kick up the speed a little, that would probably have done it.
Old 11-10-2004, 06:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, and they could call it the Mighty Mite!

I'm not into the shorty bows so much. I really like the looks of the Bowtech Old Glory.
Old 11-10-2004, 08:27 AM

ORIGINAL: Buckfevr

You know that's a good point, if they just put the infinity cam on the Justice to kick up the speed a little, that would probably have done it.

Sounds like you want the mighty mite
Old 11-10-2004, 08:51 AM
Fork Horn

See that's the thing, I think for that short a bow you need a taller brace height than 7.5, the Justice or the Tomcat for me would be preferable to the MM. I'm talking strictly hunting here.
Old 11-10-2004, 09:56 AM
Typical Buck

Default No contest, the Moon bow is the most interesting Hunting Bow.

Most interesting new hunting bow to me has to be the new Moon bow discussed at Archery Talk.
It is made from a milled 85lb block of aluminum and is supposed to be extremely flex resistant and hell for strong.
It will have superb Ultra Carbon Barnsdale limbs and other top components.
It's supposed to have a World War II anodized Type 3 Ultra Hard Coat finish that rates 90 on Rockwell scale.
Dipped finishes are a joke, compared to this finish !
Type 3 finish is so hard, you can draw a file across it and leave dust from the file to wipe off the bow !
No hunting bow on the planet is half as interesting as this bow !!!
Don't know if I would pay $2,000.00 for one but it sure is interesting.

Sag.
Old 11-10-2004, 10:44 AM

Default RE: No contest, the Moon bow is the most interesting Hunting Bow.

The new Diamond Triumph sounds like a speedy little hunting bow with a tall brace height for $499.99 MSRP.
Old 11-10-2004, 07:44 PM
Typical Buck

Buckfevr..

I think they were trying to tell you that the MM and the Justice are the exact same bow.. w/ different cams. The extra 1/2" of brace height w/ the Freedom cam is due to the larger diameter idler and cam as opposed to the smaller diameter Infinity cam/idler... just like the Liberty is a Patriot w/ the Freedom cam...
Old 11-10-2004, 09:54 PM
Fork Horn

KBacon,

Thanks for the clarification, I didn't realize they were the same except for the cam. Well then I guess I understand why the specs are as they are. This is a very efficient way to offer a more forgiving bow and a bit faster bow, by just offering the same bow with different cams. Plus they needed to thread the difference, not making the Justice too slow, means that the brace height on the MM will have to come in a little lower. It's also interesting from a marketing standpoint, and maybe I was the only one that didn't realize they were the same bows but nevertheless by giving different names for instance to the Justice and the MM each of the bows develop their own brand equity.

Quick Reply: 05's best for hunting so far.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.