Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Grips and Hand Torque???

Old 03-07-2002, 02:30 PM

Default RE: Grips and Hand Torque???

I am not one to "bash" certain types of bows, but I cannot shoot a Matthews because of the grip. I believe the Matthews to be great bows, but I cannot shoot them well because of the awkward feel of the grip.

Lately, the best-feeling grip to my hand is any of the "tec" series from Hoyt. VERY narrow, and consistent.

Grip is very important.

MOCraig
Old 03-07-2002, 04:32 PM

Mouse,

I took a hairdryer and got the riser and grip as hot as I could and then began working the grip back and forth away from the riser. I probably heated the grip/riser for about 10 min's before I started rocking it back and forth. It helps if you have someone hold the hair dryer while you work the grip. Remember get it as hot as you can. If you want to put it back on Mathews said to use 3M gasket adhesive.

Long story about the bow purchase. I liked the technology (and still do). I was kind of working against the clock when I bought it. I hope I can find a grip that works for me. It wasn't until my shooting endeavor the other day with different bows that I realized how much I truly struggled with this grip.

I was also told that a MZE arrow rest would help compensate for much of the hand torque prob's since the arrow is actually riding on the rest much shorter time. I'm not sure if that is the case, just what I was told.

Edited by - Illini on 03/07/2002 17:38:59
Old 03-07-2002, 05:59 PM
Fork Horn

As a long time Mathews shooter........I've said it before and I'll say it again.Their (Mathews) factory grips including the comp grip are excellant kinling wood to start your fireplace with!!!!!!That IMHO is the only thing I use them for. I use the low wrist Shrewd on all of them.