Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

ACC shooters, a few questions...

Old 11-09-2004, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ACC shooters, a few questions...

sho-me I have been using ACC's for years and I would not change if you gave me free arrows. I have taken 12 deer with one arrow and it is still in my quiver. They are way tougher then XX75's. Yes they will bend or break but I still have 11 of a dozen I got at least 8 years ago. Give them a try you will love them.
Old 11-15-2004, 09:26 AM

i'm just bumping this back to the first page in hopes that mike will post pics of his helical fletch on his acc's.
Old 11-15-2004, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hear ya. In my experience, the only way you are going to damage them by doing something that would damage 99.9% of arrows.

I bought 1/2 dozen 2 years ago, am now down to 4.

One was a mishap while playing with fine hair release trigger settings, through a door jam and into a cinderblock wall, not pretty. The other was lost just this year after sailing right under a very nice 10 point's heart area. Lost it in the thick crap, think it buried in the loose layer of decomposing leaves/twigs/plants, etc.

Remaining 4 are as straight and consistent as the day I bought them. I have the utmost confidence in them do to their tight spec consistency.
Old 11-15-2004, 11:49 AM

Unless you are using them strictly for 3D shooting I don't beleive you really need the acc's. I shot them for years in competition but when hunting season came around I switched to my Carbon Express. Everyone has a favorite and far be it from me to force anyones decision one way or another. You could save yourself some money and still have a top notch arrow. Check around the web for as much info as you can find and make an informed decision. That's about all you can do.

Good Luck with whatever you decide.
Old 11-15-2004, 01:10 PM

i have actually pondered the carbon express shafts, especially the cxl's with the 23/64" dia shafts. they would be perfect for my right helical 5" feather. BUT don't they also have straightness and spine issues and aren't they also susceptable to spine degration?
Old 11-15-2004, 01:30 PM

are these the arrows they speed test bows with? How can ibo guys shoot those arrows that are 5grains with a 70 pound bow wouldn't the arrows wobble in flight
Old 11-15-2004, 01:53 PM

No, ACC's are not lighter than pure carbon arrows. They tend to run just a tad bit heavier per inch. However, their spine consistancy makes them VERY accurate.

I shoot 5gr/lb arrows all the time and I have no problems tuning them with target tips. Broadheads are another story
Old 11-15-2004, 02:54 PM

My ACC's are holding up real well this season. Carry them around in the quiver...nock an arrow, hang bow from tree....gets dark, put arrow back in quiver.... I think these things are going to last me many, many years.[8D]