Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

I shot the new 2005 Hoyt's tonight.

Old 10-26-2004, 07:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default I shot the new 2005 Hoyt's tonight.

My buddy at my pro shop called me tonight and said the hoyt rep was going to be there with the new 2005's and to come over. I also got to eat some elk chili to boot. I shot the new vipertec, ultratec and the vtec. I liked them all but the vtec stood out. It has roughtly the same specs as the xtec, and those new alpha shock blockers are awesome. The riser has been redesigned for strength, stability, balance and shock absorbtion. It is about 7-10 fps faster than the xtec, and let me tell you it is totally dead in the hand. This bow is sweet. I hope you all get a chance to check them out, and keep an eye on the vtec, because I think it is going to be hot. Bhunter32.
Old 10-26-2004, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I shot the new 2005 Hoyt's tonight.

How does the new funky riser look with the flames and points on it?
Old 10-26-2004, 08:08 PM
Fork Horn

I think the one you are talking about is the turbo tec. Those flames look neat. i don't know if they serve any use or if they are just for appearance. Bhunter32.
Old 10-26-2004, 09:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

That new bow....what is the axel to axel and brace height on it?

Thanks
Old 10-26-2004, 09:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

According to their catalog,the Vtec is 5 fps slower(305 fps) than the Xtec(310)

I believe the only bow to actually pick up speed is the Protec.They redesigned the riser so it has a little reflex to it while the grip is still deflex along with making the A-A a 1/2" shorter.

If all goes well,I will be ordering my new Protec tomorrow.I plan on getting a pretty one this go round with spirals.[:-]
Old 10-27-2004, 08:47 AM
Fork Horn

The rep said that the vtec is actually faster than the xtec even though the catalog states different. The vtec is 35 1/2 inches ata, with a 7 inch brace. I shot the bows, but I did not shoot them through a chronograph because their were alot of people there shooting them too.. It is one nice bow though and it made an impression on me. Bhunter32.
Old 10-27-2004, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wondered myself how the VTEC would compare to the XTEC in speed and overall shootability. How does the new "standard" grip feel? I only have my doubts about the grip but I guess I could easily order the side plates? Thanks
Old 10-27-2004, 11:28 AM
Typical Buck

Tony Tazza was my local shop the other day and I got to shoot a couple of the new ones. I own an 04 Xtec, and I'll admit I didn't think they could improve that bow, but when I fired that Vtec, I just smiled. It just does not go anywhere when it fires. The new low wrist grip felt great to me, felt like it would be more consistent to grip, but I disliked the new high wrist grip they had on one of the target bows. I will say that the new Sabertec, which is a twin to the Vipertec, except with the "cheaper" glass limbs(still has the machined riser), impressed me also. I was hard pressed to feel any difference between it and my Xtec, or even the Vtec. The Sabertec may be my hunting bow for next year.........but the Vtec will be hard to pass on! In the new 05 catalog, the Vtec is rated at 305 IBO, and the Xtec rated at 300 IBO.
Mikey
Old 10-27-2004, 12:05 PM
Fork Horn

The new pro fit custom grip on the vtec is sweet. I was the same way, I thought it would take a heck of a bow to top the feel of the xtec, but when I shot the vtec I said wow. You kind of say to yourself, did I just shoot this thing, cause it is absolutely dead after the shot. I really like those new alpha shock blockers on these bows too. Simms is making them exclusive for the hoyt bows. I think they play a big part in silencing the bow. The rep said that with the regular split limb savers that if you remove them and don't put them back in the exact same spot that the bow tune can change. Something about stressing the limbs in a different place. The alpha blockers compress in between the limbs so you can put them in the sweet spot that you like best and it won't change nothing. The ones I saw were also in camo, but I'm not sure if they all come that way. I hate when they come out with this stuff, cause I am already planning to put the coin back.LOL. These bow companies are sure rough on a fella. Good luck and keep your eye on these. Aim for the boiler room. Bhunter32.
Old 10-27-2004, 12:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

Judging by what I have seen so far I think I am going to pick up a Sabertec to try out. The specs are more inline with what I typically like shooting. Glad to see it is offered in at least a 31 inch draw length.

Quick Reply: I shot the new 2005 Hoyt's tonight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.