Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Help with rest adjustment

Old 10-23-2004, 11:45 AM

Default Help with rest adjustment

I have an HHA Optitune dart ts1000 rest. I have the up/down set and have no fletching contact at all. The arrows seem to fly straight and are straight in the target. The problem is that if I set my sight (copper john dead nuts 3 pin) with the top pin for 20 yds then move back and use the second pin for 30 yds my shots are consistantly 4" to the right. If I adjust the sight for left/right at 30 yds my shots at 20 yds are to the left about 3". I am shooting right handed with a release. I think the rest has to move left or right to correct this, but have no idea for sure. Thanx in advance for any help.
Old 10-23-2004, 07:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Help with rest adjustment

Split limb, I am by no means a pro bow technician but here is something to check. I had the same sight. When you loosen the two bolts for vertical adjustment there is alot of play and that part of the sight can be tilted back and forth. I think they did this intentionally in order to level the sight pins to the bow. I would check to see if your sight pins are level with your string by holding the bow in front of you and sighting down the string. Your pins and string should be visibly level with each other. If they are then you might be canting or tilting the bow which causes the same problem.Do you use the level on the sight when shooting? I don't know if this will help but good luck.
Old 10-23-2004, 09:37 PM

Default RE: Help with rest adjustment

Thats what the problem was. I used a level on the brace and checked the one on the sight and it was way off. I adjusted the sight to be level with the brace and now my 30yd shots group right in with my 20yd shots. Thanks for the help.