Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

detachable quiver on or off

Old 10-20-2004, 12:24 AM

Default detachable quiver on or off

what is everybodies preference shoot with quiver on or off.
Old 10-20-2004, 02:53 AM

Default RE: detachable quiver on or off

I'll go with OFF. I hate shooting with them on, but do take a few practice shots when I'm done broadhead tuing and then again every time I have a practice session with it on. Figure I'd best be able to shoot both ways.
Old 10-20-2004, 11:15 AM

I have an alpine archery 5 arrow quiver and I ussually keep it on while hunting and shooting. It's low profile so it does stay out of the way. Apine archery also utilizes a rubber mounting bracket that in my opinion works to dampen vibration. I shoot an 70# Mathews Sq2 and constantly get complimented on how quiet it is. Who knows that may be the reason?
It's a matter of personal preference, my preference is to shoot with it on.
Old 10-20-2004, 12:42 PM

I have a kwikee kwiver that locks down tightly onto my Mathews so it doesn't make any sound. I also have limbsavers on it to dampen the noise. The quiver's weight does affect the bow's accuracy somewhat by canting it slightly. It does not affect it enough for hunting purposes at ranges out to 40 yds, even with broadheads (fixed or mechanical). Whatever you do make sure you practice with it either on or off and hunt that exact same way. I personally always practice with it on because I hunt with it on. Consistency is the key. If you can't make up your mind shoot with it both ways and see which one you like better and only shoot that way. It may not affect arrow flight for you, but it does affect the feel of the bow, which is important for consistency. I don't mind shooting with it off, but I have been shooting with it on for years and I don't want to change it.

Good Hunting!
Dan
Old 10-20-2004, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I always detach my quiver as soon as I get to my stand.
Old 10-20-2004, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Off.
Old 10-20-2004, 03:04 PM
Fork Horn

I take mine off once in the stand. I have a second quiver mounting bracket which is sewed on a loop of belt fabric which slides over the safety belt that fastens to the tree. So once I'm belted in, I fasten the quiver to that bracket.

Happy Hunting
Dan
Old 10-20-2004, 07:46 PM
Typical Buck

I'v got a quicke quiver too & usually take it off once on stand. I practice with it on minus an arrow sometimes & found that out to 30 or so yards it doesn't change impact much at all. Much harder to hold steady in windy conditions tho.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:04 PM
Fork Horn

I prefer it off since thats the way I shoot all summer at 3-D shoots. I use a piece of coat hanger to wrap around a small limb with a small hook on the other end to hang a detachable quiver on. Its right next to me if I need it.
Old 10-21-2004, 10:01 AM
Fork Horn

As soon as my feet hit the platform, my quiver comes off.

Quick Reply: detachable quiver on or off

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.