Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

BOWTECH PATRIOT NEW GRIP???

Old 03-04-2002, 03:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default BOWTECH PATRIOT NEW GRIP???

PLEASE TELL ME WHICH ONE TO GET FROM AN AFTERMARKET VENDOR. THANKS.
Old 03-04-2002, 03:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: BOWTECH PATRIOT NEW GRIP???

WB460,

Here is the link for Loesch: http://www.bowgrips.com/index.cfm

I am unsure of the address for shrewd precision.. You can check out www.bowjackson.com ... the most complete list of archery links I've yet to find!

JeffB
Old 03-04-2002, 03:52 PM

I have three Loesch and one Shrewd. The advantage to the Loesch is in the wood, which is warmer, if you care, and in the range of models. I guess you could also specify specific features.

With the Shrewd (all experience relating to Mathews) it was better made by far, the Loesch didn't fit my bow's contours properly), and it had milling marks (that were polished over). The big advantage to the Shrewd is the metal allows an ultra narrow grip for the full length of the grip. The Shrewd Low is the same angle as the front of the riser, the medium is higher.

In theory the Shrewd Bowtech is now available: January 30 they wrote to tell me "the Bowtech grips should be available this month". The website hasn't been updated for a long time, so go direct and ask. The Shrewd is cheaper.

http://www.shrewd-one.com/
Old 03-04-2002, 03:57 PM
Fork Horn

THANKS FOR THE INFO, BUT I AM RELATIVILY NEW TO THE ASPECTS OF BUYING A GRIP. I JUST WANT SOMETHING BETTER THEN WHAT IT COMES WITH (AS FAR AS FEEL). DOES THE LOESCH HAVE A DIFFERENT FEEL COMPARED TO THE STANDARD BOWTECH GRIP? IT LOOKS DARN NEAR THE SAME, BUT HAVE NEVER SEEN ONE IN PERSON. ALSO IS THE LOW RIST GRIP OPTION A BETTER WAY TO GO?
Old 03-05-2002, 01:35 AM

There isn't a Loesch grip, they are all custom, and you can specify whatever you want. If you don't know what you want they will help you.

Low is pretty popular these days, it goes with a bent elbow style bow arm, which is good for follow through with the low holding weights of the compound. The low wrist also helps get a torque free grip, it is not the only way, but it is probably the best, that allows fullest contact. On the negative, it isn't the way most people learn to shoot a bow, and it can cause some complications as to draw length etc... When you get a new grip, there really aren't any guarantees on draw length anyway.

I imagine the Shrewd medium would be low enough for most people.
Old 03-05-2002, 06:53 AM
Fork Horn

THANKS for the advice. I think i will try either the med or low. I just hope i will be able to tell a difference compared to the grip it comes with from bowtech.
Old 03-05-2002, 07:00 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]