Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Would this work?? using no peep.....

Old 10-15-2004, 10:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Would this work?? using no peep.....

Could I take my peep out and just put some white out or something on the string and just line that up with my pins? I already have 3 anchor points to go by, string on tip of nose, kisser in corner of mouth, and hand just below my jaw. Would this work?
Old 10-15-2004, 10:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Would this work?? using no peep.....

sure it will work but a peep is more accurate especially in low light situations.
Old 10-18-2004, 09:56 AM

Yep it will work. I have a knot on my string, I preceive a blob not in focus. I position it so it is under my pin. I find in low light it is hard to see the blob, but then in low light I couldn't see through the peep anyway.

Anyway if the blob is not under the pin than I ain't at my correct anchor. Works for me.
Old 10-18-2004, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

The concept is good, but I suspect white out would fly off at the first shot...
Old 10-18-2004, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, the idea works. I use bright orange thread wrapped around the string, and I line up the orange spot with the riser where the lower part of the pin guard appears to "touch" the riser. IMO, it works better in low light than it does in brighter light. I can see my target better rather than having the target (a deer) so dark that it seems invisible comparet to a bright fiber optic pin. I don't think you get quite the "nock splitting" accuracy with it, but you can certainly shoot 3" groups at 30 yards without having to worry about target blackout or losing sight of your pin in low light through the peep. I did experiment with a No Peep this summer, and the string wrap gave me equal or near equal accuracy without all of the setup hassles. I did notice on Saturday that the orange gets dark when it is raining and the thread gets wet.