Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

I'm so confused...

Old 03-05-2002, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I'm so confused...

So Pinwheel, based on this, should I just have them install the 28" mod, or ask them to tweak as much extra length outa the 28" as possible while still keeping the cam in time?
Old 03-05-2002, 09:59 AM
Typical Buck

Range-
Draw a straight line up from the deepest point of your grip, and make a mark on your shelf near the arrowrest.Take the bow, using your exact release, loop, whatever setup, and take a long arrow, hook up, and draw and anchor comfortably, without leaning back, or canting your head, you want to be in a perfect "T", yet comfy, also. Don't worry about the letoff if you are 1" long, just get it to where it feels comfy, with the string touching your nose and going to the corner of your mouth. Then have a friend/spouse mark the arrow shaft at full draw in the same spot as the mark on the shelf. Leave this mark on the shelf, and on the arrow for future reference. Let down, and measure from the inside of the nock, to the mark on the shaft, and ADD 1 3/4". (One inch, and three quarters) This will be your AMO drawlength. Tell the factory this is what you want your bow set at. Then, when you get the bow back, take the same arrow, same release, etc, and draw and anchor comfortably. The marks should line up, and you should be good to go.

The important factors are using the exact release, loop, and anything else you plan on using for the final setup when fitting your drawlength. Also, as stated, be very conscious about the "T" formation, and whether or not you are leaning or canting your head. Have your helper watch this for you. This will get you quite close to where you need to be without going to see a tech and having him fit you. Good luck, Pinwheel 12

Edited by - Pinwheel 12 on 03/05/2002 12:24:36
Old 03-05-2002, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks a ton... Just need to find a full length arrow now... RB