Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech acquires Diamond Archery

Old 10-15-2004, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bowtech acquires Diamond Archery

EUGENE, Oregon September 27, 2004 - Established as the industry leader with its premier line of bows and archery accessories, BowTech has entered a new market niche with its recent acquisition of Diamond Archery of Shreveport, LA.

I know this is old news, but may we see a carbon riser, vft smooth drawing bow in 2005?
Old 10-15-2004, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowtech acquires Diamond Archery

The carbon riser with the vft limbs would be a neat concept.I dont think they could get any smoother though,real sweet as it is now.I really am excited to see what bowtech will bring out for 05,I just cant see how they can improve much from the 04 line-up.-----------only time will tell
How long has diamond archery been in business before bowtech took over.I dont think I ever seen one of there bows let alone a dealer around that sells them.
Old 10-15-2004, 12:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

My only hope is that Bowtech doesn't eventually fall into one of those settings as a company with declining customer support and quality. Too many companies begin getting bigger and bigger over time and forget what got them there.
Old 10-15-2004, 12:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Only if Bowtech also bought the carbon riser technology rights back from HCA, whom Diamond sold it to several years back...

And HCA, in my opinion, is really missing the boat with it. Instead of building an indestructible vibration dampening supreme riser that produces a finished bow in the range of 4#s or so, they keep trying to make crap as light as they can....
Old 10-15-2004, 12:54 PM
Fork Horn

Except that Diamond sold the carbon riser technology to High Country, so it's not part of the deal.
Old 10-15-2004, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

HA!

You may be 500 fps, but apparently I'm faster than you...

And since Jeff's not around (where the heck is he anyway), I'll fill in for him and say "Yeah Rangeball, that's what your wife said"!

Old 10-15-2004, 03:35 PM

Does any one have anymore info on these midrange models from what I hear they will make three models. Rapture msrp $399. Triumph msrp $499 and Victory msrp $599. I wonder what they will look like etc. Where are the people in the know?
I posted this a while back and did not get any responses. I guess we will find out soon enough
Old 10-15-2004, 08:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

A guy I hunted a little with has a Diamond, and it's not a bad bow at all. But I agree you don't hear too much about them, and I haven't got a clue where one could buy one either. Now that BowTech has bought them, I'm sure we'll be hearing alot more about them in the future.

nubo
Old 10-18-2004, 08:29 PM
voz
Fork Horn

I think Diamond was an outfit out of Shrevport, LA. I think they have always had a tie with bowtech, as they use bowtech cams on there bows.
Old 10-18-2004, 11:54 PM

Yes Diamond was and stll is an outfit out of Shreveport, LA. They have always had a tie with Bowtech they have periodically manufactured parts for Bowtech. Bowtech was originally a Shreveport company and the founders of each are good friends. The facility in Shreveport will remain and will begin to manufacture more parts for Bowtech. Both companies mutually benefit from the transaction as Diamond will gain popularity with increased advertising and Bowtech will cover more of the market wtih the Diamond line being sold in places such as Bass Pro.

Quick Reply: Bowtech acquires Diamond Archery

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.