Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

please help

Old 10-14-2004, 03:42 PM

Default please help

I had my bow tuned haven't paper tuned yet but shot a few and things seem to fly fine haven't had problems group arrows but have had a few hitting left alittle (left hand shooter) on closer inspection i noticed that when I run an arrow along my rest manually with just my hands it looks like my vanes are hitting the riser as they pass through my rest now should I move my rest out so they have room to clear even if moving my rest means my center shot will be off. The guy at my local pro shop is an a$$ so I prefer to read and get your guys opinions and doing it myself rather than taking it to him. Thanks guys
Old 10-14-2004, 08:56 PM

Default RE: please help

Twist the nocks in the arrow untill you get clearence. Moving the rest isnt going to help any, its just going to make things worse. If you have a uni nock system, which all carbons do, and some alluminums, you can put the arrow on the string and begin twisting the arrow untill the nock aligns up so that the fletching gets clearence.
Old 10-15-2004, 11:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: please help

Honestly, I don't think anyone is steady enough to move an arrow through it's actual line of travel by hand. What I'd recommend you do is buy some spray foot powder and coat the sight window with it. Then shoot an arrow, just the way you have things set. If you're getting contact, you'll see if you're getting contact and, if so, you'll see exactly where the contact is. The fletch will clean off the powder where it hits. If it's a wide line, you're getting a lot of contact. If it's a thin line, you're barely getting contact.

That way you'll know for sure.