Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Easton Axis St

Old 10-13-2004, 06:28 PM

Default Easton Axis St

I just got them today and tried them out. I didnt get to do much practice with them but I liked them alot. I was just wondering what everybody else thought about them that had tried them cause they are the first carbon arrow's that I have ever shot so I dont have any other experience with anything else. So let me know what yall thought of them.
Old 10-13-2004, 09:54 PM

Default RE: Easton Axis St

Love em. After using them, other carbons feel frail compared to them.
Old 10-14-2004, 06:44 AM

Was a long road with me and my Axis' !!

Loved them at first.............then started having problems with my groups opening up. I was shooting into some hard targets though. Also had a lot of trouble with the nocks holding up over time...........they got loose and wouldn't want to stay in !

My second 6 I fletched were shot into softer targets and held up fine (except nocks). Out of the dozen I had 4-5 that spun perfect and the rest had some slight wobbles (a few were bad).

My good spinning arrows grouped incredibly !

I hunted with them at the beginning of my season and got excellent penetration on the animals I shot .

I have since switched to GT Pro Hunter's and overall ..........I like them better . But I do think Easton is on to something and could easily see me shooting Axis in the future if improvements are made !

But don't take all this wrong............they are a great arrow (you should enjoy them)...........this info. is comin from an archery addict.........shooting hundreds of arrows a week............and I'm slightly obcessive about equipment ! [8D]
Old 10-14-2004, 06:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I too went through a long haul with the Axis. As CBM stated, at first they flew light darts and grouped as good as anything I've seen. Then, as time went on, I wasn't able to group real well. At first I figured it was me shooting like crap, but I never was able to regain accuracy. I since have switched to Gold Tip XTs as well and like them better overall. And, my groups are much better.

If Easton can get their carbon issue's straightened out, they would be a real nice arrow. The problem is, the C2 construction they use seems to lose spine durability over time.
Old 10-14-2004, 11:28 AM

CBM, and Muzzyman thanks alot for the information. Thats what I like about this forum. There are so many people that have been doing this a long time that are willing to help a newcomer like me. Thanks alot for you honest opinions. I really enjoy the Axis I was pulling my hair out cause I was shooting so horribly with these old arrows that were given to me. So I got the Axis made up and I could not believe the difference in my groups after shooting them. Wow what a difference some new good arrows make.
Old 10-15-2004, 12:00 AM

I shoot axis 300's and I only practice very little with them. They are my hunting arrows but I also use the same weight in a different arrow for practice. These arrows are designed for hunting basically and not 3d or competition. Every session I end with an axis and they are dead on. I shoot 454 grain at 276 ft sec. I know that these arrows are great and hopefully come nov I will be able to release one in wis.