Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Jennings, Back in the mix?

Old 10-12-2004, 10:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Jennings, Back in the mix?

I will be interested to see the accuracy of their draw length in relation to the advertised IBO speed of 305. Quiet and shockfree you say, very interesting.
I can say this much about draw length...I have not measured it yet but this bow feels very short on me with its 29 inch draw length. There is no adjustability with the cam itself in terms of adjustable string posts (previous Jennings' offerings) but rather via different draw length modules.

Definitely quiet with no recoil. A little vibe like I said but the stabilizer took that away very nicely. The bow sits very dead in my hand at the shot. I am curious as to the speed issue though. That is one topic that I think some of the NAAG bows in general have been lacking...in reference to their listed rating.

Good to see you back in the bow review saddle again, especially during Archery season. Thanks for taking the time.
Jeff,

No, thank you for taking the time to read and respond. I appreciate hearing others' thoughts on this bow as I think it could be somewhat of a sleeper this year. We need to set something up so we can get together down at the shop sometime and you can shoot it all you like.
Old 10-12-2004, 11:05 AM

ORIGINAL: PABowhntr
No, thank you for taking the time to read and respond. I appreciate hearing others' thoughts on this bow as I think it could be somewhat of a sleeper this year.
PABowhntr:
I think you do us all a favor by your review. I'm relatively new here, but one of the main reason I joined was to read reviews about products on the market. And to tell you the truth, I've noticed that the reviews section of the bow hunting forum to be more a Q/A forum for people than a true reviews section. Hopefully, after I get a little more time on my hands and use my new equipment more this year, I can post some helpful reviews here -- with the hope of assisting people in purchasing the right equipment for them.

Thanks again!
Old 10-12-2004, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Frank:

By a little vibration in the handle, would the Buckmasters 4000 be a decent comparison? I would guess this bow might recoil a bit less than the 4000, but it sounds like that little bit of handle vibe might be the same or similar.

I am currently trying to get a barely adequate # of hours in the woods. Lots of other people (not just the wife) seem to have ideas about what I should do with my time right now.[:@]

I have a few promising stand sites, just have to get in the stands for them to possibly work!
Old 10-13-2004, 05:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

Jeff,

I thought the two were similar to some extent though I thought the BM 4000 to be more like the G2XL in terms of overall shot feel. The CK 3.4 R is much more well balanced. It feels smoother around the grip area and yet still has some heft to it. Vibration is the only noticeable shot characteristic that I felt the need to comment on. All of the others were insignificant in my opinion.
Old 10-13-2004, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the update. IME, the fairly thin, highly stressed and curved Bear/Jennings limbs respond as well or better than other limbs to the application of Limb Savers. Should be a very nice bow to shoot. It is also nice to see B/J come up with a cam design that looks at least somewhat original.
Old 12-14-2004, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thought Quicksilver might like to see this one.
Old 12-14-2004, 08:40 PM

I haven't shot one yet but it is on my to do list.