Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

From XX78 Super Slam To Carbon

Old 01-06-2002, 09:56 PM

Default From XX78 Super Slam To Carbon

I am thinking of switching to a carbon arrow.
I shot a 100 grain 2315 with 100 grain broadhead, at 29".

When looking online to order they ask for poundage but no mention of length or grain.
I would like to know if I could use my current Broadheads and if I need to have the arrows cut.

Any help would be great.
Old 01-06-2002, 10:11 PM

Default RE: From XX78 Super Slam To Carbon

First I would like to say that I don't think you will be dissapointed, here are some sights with carbon arrows. www.thegametracker.com, www.goldtip.com. There are many others but I cant remember the URL off hand. With 100 grain broadheads you should be fine, its all a matter of, is the broadhead compatible to the speed you will be shooting, if you decide to go to a lighter arrow. Anyways, take a look at the penetration test on goldtips sight, it will give you an Idea of why carbons are in ways better then Aluminum.
good shooting.
Dylan

>>>>--------o-->
Old 01-07-2002, 09:12 AM

jarhead,(marine???) sorry if you are
I was shooting the same arrow but in the 30 inch length, I went to 29inch PSE carbons and I love them I was shooting 198 with my old jennings and with the new arrows I am getting 228fps, they are a little light 379grains with a 100tip and I am getting tubes installed to get me up to around 430 so my old bow will not blow up on me. get them the are great shooting

evan
Old 01-07-2002, 07:45 PM

Thanks for the input. I will check the sites.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
First I would like to say that I don't think you will be dissapointed, here are some sights with carbon arrows. www.thegametracker.com, www.goldtip.com. There are many others but I cant remember the URL off hand. With 100 grain broadheads you should be fine, its all a matter of, is the broadhead compatible to the speed you will be shooting, if you decide to go to a lighter arrow. Anyways, take a look at the penetration test on goldtips sight, it will give you an Idea of why carbons are in ways better then Aluminum.
good shooting.
Dylan

&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;--------o--&gt;
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>
Old 01-07-2002, 07:47 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I was shooting the same arrow but in the 30 inch length, I went to 29inch PSE carbons and I love them I was shooting 198 with my old jennings and with the new arrows I am getting 228fps, they are a little light 379grains with a 100tip and I am getting tubes installed to get me up to around 430 so my old bow will not blow up on me. get them the are great shooting

evan
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>
Old 01-07-2002, 07:48 PM

Thanks for the info.
A Former Marine, oohra..

evan
Old 01-07-2002, 08:04 PM

Thanks for the info.
A Former Marine, oohra..

evan