Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

ACC Fletcher

Old 10-06-2004, 09:38 AM

Default ACC Fletcher

What are you guys using to put plastic vanes on ACC's? I bought one of the Carbon EZ Fletchers the other day and my 3-49 ACC's will not sit in the clamp perfectly straight. Thanks for your advice in advance.
Old 10-07-2004, 07:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ACC Fletcher

I use a Jo-Jan monofletcher. I've done a half dozen ACC's with no problems.
Old 10-07-2004, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Are these the first arrows you've tried in the fletcher? If yes, any chance the fletcher is deffective?
Old 10-07-2004, 08:01 AM

Yes, they were my first arrows to try in that ez fletch jig ~ they really are the only arrows I have. I ended up taking that EZ Fletch jig back and buying the Butzenburger (sp) jig. After messing with it for a little bit last night I think I have it set-up pretty good.
Old 10-07-2004, 08:23 AM

I'll be interested to hear how it turns out! I've heard lots of good things about the Bitz and would really appreciate a personal experience to add to the positieves. It looks like i'll be in the market for a jig in a month or so.
Old 10-07-2004, 11:03 AM

I've been using a Bitz for about a year now. Works great on everything from a fat 2413 to my much slimmer ACC's. The great thing about the Bitz is the seemingly endless adjustability. The only down side when compared to the Arizona is that you're only gluing one feather/vane at a time so it's a bit more time consuming. But as long as you don't need to get a dozen arrows fletched in a short amount of time, it's no big deal. I usually plan ahead & just fletch up a couple arrows per evening.
Old 10-08-2004, 02:24 PM

MOHunter,
I have been using the Bitz for over a year. I shoot ACC 3-60's. I have both the straight clamp for offset, and the right helical clamp. I have been able to fletch the ACC's with both clamps. The helical does take some adjusting to get good contact for the entire length of the vane, but it can be done. As Jeepnut said, it is a one vane at a time prospect. Like Jeep does, I just plan on doing a couple every evening while watching a ballgame, or a hunting show. I like to let the newly glued vane sit for about 15 minutes prior to taking it out of the clamp. This gives time for some adhesion, so the vane does not move, but the glue is still soft enough to remove excess without too much trouble. Good luck.
Bill