Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Pro 40 wheely ?s

Old 10-05-2004, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Pro 40 wheely ?s

Whos shot/owned one and what are your impresions . Looks like one will be my next ride .
Old 10-05-2004, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pro 40 wheely ?s

Very nice, smooth draw. It reaches peak early, then slowly lets off, very easy to pull. The bow is quiet to shoot and can be shot very accurately. The speed is not bad, considering the draw. I found mine to be very sensitive to the synch of the cams (wheels), and I needed to creep tune to get best accuracy. I had a little trouble getting broadheads to shoot well, possibly because the grip center is well inside the centerline of the string.
Old 10-05-2004, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thank Joe , I used to own a bk2 , and liked it but it was a bit much to draw from a tree stand . Looks like the pro 40 will be right for me , hope I dont have the troubles with broadhead flight like you did , as it will be a hunting and 3d bow . The bk2 would stack a fletched shaft , bare shaft , and broadhead shaft in the same hole , only bow I ever had do that . I usaly have the bare shaft close , but that bk2 would stick them straight in the same hole , thats why Im look'n at the pro40 .
Old 10-05-2004, 05:12 PM
Fork Horn

You will LOVE the Wheely. It is a spot bow with hunting bow speed. It's one of the smoothes bows I've ever shot. If I were to pick a favorite Bowtech it would still have to be the Bk, but the Wheely is a close second.
Old 10-13-2004, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like it wont happen , my dealer was told they are discontinued , I guess a tundra is coming instead , He allso told me the factory was sold out of liberty's and justice's . They were in the process of making 15,ooo more . I dont know why they would discontinue this model , I know it was the last to use the sand trap limb pockets , but the the risors that the pro 40 dualys use should have worked . Maybe bowtechshooter will let us know . The dualy was too much for me , and Im alergic to single cams .
Old 10-14-2004, 02:02 PM
Fork Horn

Hold on a few more wees before you go with something else. I heard the wheely was discontinued also, but I have a sneeking suspicion something very similar, but better will be coming for 2005.