Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

I Need the help of one of you pro-shop guys.

Old 09-28-2004, 03:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default I Need the help of one of you pro-shop guys.

Anyone who can help me out here, I have a Bear TRX (36 inch version) and the black piece that goes over the cable slide bar holding the shock stopper is cracked almost all the way through. I talked to the pro shop today and they said I need to come in and order it and it may take 2 weeks or more to get in. If anyone here has the ability to get it to me a little quicker it would be greatly appreciated. I will obviosuly pay whatever shipping is necessary. It is 2 weeks into the season here in wisconsin and I dont want to have to worry about this.

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/archery-...bearbrtrx.html

Please send me a PM or reply in this thread if you can help me. Thanks.
Old 09-28-2004, 05:38 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: I Need the help of one of you pro-shop guys.

The TRX36 should have come with spare cable slide without the cable stopper. Go to any store that sells archery stuff or that pro shop and buy the Limbsaver cable slide. It doesn't have the cable stopper but it will fit any bow and that should get you out in the woods until the pro shop orders it for you, if you still want it. You will pick up a little speed from the Limbsaver cable slide but you lose a little not having the cable stopper.....so I guess its a wash. Good luck
Old 09-28-2004, 05:46 PM

h80 go to a local pro shop or even wally world an get you a simms cable slide an simms shock stopper you will save a few headaches in the long run
Old 09-28-2004, 06:03 PM

H80Hunter, are you talking about the shock stopper? If yes, I will make a deal with you. I have a brand new one in the bag that I will send to you. The one off of my G2 cracked and I called Fred Bear. They sent me a new one in the mail and I also bought one in the store. I can ship this one to you Priority Mail if you can get one and send it to me. That way you can get one quickly and I can still have a backup. Let me know if you want to do that. I'm sure if you call Fred Bear they will send one to you free of charge. Just tell them that yours cracked. It was a bad design a few years ago and they revamped it.

Steve
Old 09-28-2004, 09:07 PM

Throw that noisy thing away and go to a standard slide. If it's the one I'm thinking of, you're better off without it.