Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech bow press

Old 09-27-2004, 09:49 PM

Default Bowtech bow press

I am thinking about getting a new Bowtech next year. I have read several posts about how limbs have split. Some people said the shop was using the wrong press. I am looking for a bow press for a Bowtech. Which one should I get?
Old 09-27-2004, 11:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bowtech bow press

Get in touch with Walks With a Gimp.

I have one of his presses and it is perfect for Bowtech bows
Old 09-27-2004, 11:57 PM

Ausie-Guy, I don't have any finished at the moment but I'm working on it!!
Old 09-27-2004, 11:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Russ.

Well get ya finger out and make some.

Gee what ya think it is, hunting season already
Old 09-28-2004, 06:00 AM
Typical Buck

As said before, Gimp makes a sweet portable that works well. I eventually bought a Bowmaster and it also presses Bowtechs as they should be pressed, as close to the tips as possible.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:18 AM

I don't know about 'Gimps' press. The pictures I've seen indicate that it might work very well. The Bowmaster will work as well. My only concern about it would be that the clamps could slide into the cam(s) if you press it too much.

If your Dealer doesn't have the new Apple press for parallel limb bows, don't let him/her press your BowTech.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:28 AM
Typical Buck

If your Dealer doesn't have the new Apple press for parallel limb bows, don't let him/her press your BowTech.
Just to specify, the press you are referring to is the one that has the hydralic pump on the side that pushes the limbs parallel to the floor once it's been secured, correct?
Old 09-28-2004, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good timing for this thread. I've been looking for a press that will allow me to break down my 03' Patriot. I can't justify spending $400 on that new Apple press though.
Old 09-28-2004, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

For doing your own bow work at home WWAG's press works great on BowTech's as well as most any bow on the market.

I like the new Apple press but I believe the best Pro/Bow Shop press to date is the Sure Loc X-Press. It presses on the limbs only (like WWAG's) and not on the riser.

Old 09-28-2004, 11:05 AM

Pat, thanks for posting the picture of the Sure Loc press, that's the best pic of it I've seen and can see the small "pins' or rollers that contact the limb at the riser junction. IMO the small diameter rollers help "space out" the force needed to press short limb bows. The large rollers seen on older presses are not necessary and actually concentrate the force into a smaller section of the limbs.

Quick Reply: Bowtech bow press

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.