Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech bow press

Old 09-29-2004, 09:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Bowtech bow press

Thanks for the tips Sag. That price is not out of reach and if you bought it as Lancaster Archery Supply then I can skip the potential shipping issues and just drive down to pick one up.

I have to admit though that Len's comments discouraged me on it somewhat but since he did mention limited usage then I see no reason why I would have a problem with it. Seems like it would take up alot of space though.
Old 09-29-2004, 10:30 AM
Typical Buck

Frank,

I have seen every Apple press made and I wouldn't trade my Sure-Loc for 100 of them for my own use!
The Sure-Loc is much better made and mush safer to use!.
The Sure-Loc is plenty fast enough to adjust and press your bows on.
Wouldn't you rather take a little extra time to press your bow in a press that fits the contures of it like a glove with zero pressure on your riser and less pressure on your limbs also ?
Especially, a Bowtech, Mathews, or Hoyt bow!
Other bow presses don't exist for Ol' Sag anymore!
I normally agree with most everything Len says but not this time.
In the case of the Sure-Loc press, slower is definitely better!

Sag.
Old 09-29-2004, 09:39 PM

Frank:

Didn't mean to "discourage" you. My comments are based on my experience with a product that works exceptionally well in a PROfessional environment and an understanding of the limitations of a competitive product.

This doesn't mean that either product won't work in both a PROfessional and limited use application. My needs are much different than what I've been told the Sur-loc will meet.

Sag has been a long-time proponent of the Sur-loc press. I've seen his posts on other forums encouraging its usage/purchase.

My personal press is actually an old Cajun that you can't buy anymore. I prefer it because of its speed of set-up and breath of applications. I can do everything from standard compounds, to crossbows, to Oneida bows on the Cajun.

I do have 4 other presses in the shop and all are various forms of Apple Products. I was going to purchase a Sur-loc, but was told that it was slow to adapt to different model bows. I can't have that in a shop that does as much work as mine.

Would I buy a Sur-loc press? Maybe the next time I retire one of my other presses. We usually retire one press per year due to the magnitude of work we do. I'll have to take a strong look at the Sur-loc at the next ATA Show. When I looked at it at the last ATA Show, the owner seemed rather perturbed when I questioned the product. His attitude/reluctance and the comments from my peers gave me an uneasy feeling about the capabilities and reliability of the product. I could be wrong in my judgement. Sag surely thinks so.

I'll tell you one thing. I won't purchase something just because Sag says so.
Old 09-30-2004, 08:57 AM
Typical Buck

Well, that's ok, Len.
But remember...
If you're not using the bows and equipment Ol'Sag uses, you're not using the best.

Sag.