Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Broadhead grouping

Old 09-26-2004, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Broadhead grouping

I've been shooting my broadheads to make sure they're grouping well before the season starts. They group very well but I had to adjust my pins to bring them to the center of the target. So needless to say they don't group with my fieldpoints but they do group well. Should I be worried that they don't fly with my FP or is it ok just as long as they group well?
Old 09-27-2004, 05:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Broadhead grouping

i would say dont worry about it. wont be using your fp for hunting will ya? probably not so my answer is dont worry about it mine dont hit with my muzzys either.
Old 09-27-2004, 05:43 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Broadhead grouping

Refer to the Easton tuning guide. They've got a good graphic in there of how to adjust your nock and rest so that field tips and broadheads hit the same.

I just used the guide this weekend to broadhead tune and I ended up getting Innerlocs which were hitting 4 inches low at 30 yards to be consistent with field tips - no sight adjustment required. Both broadheads and field tips hit the same out to at leaast 50 yards now, the farthest range from which I shot. The bottom line is that when you broadhead tune, you also insure that the arrow isn't being steered from the front. This can be a big deal if you end up hunting in the wind, and chances are you will.