Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

No MZE for a Patriot Dually??

Old 09-20-2004, 09:29 AM

Default No MZE for a Patriot Dually??

Please tell me it isnt so. I was searching the site for info on this bow and found a poster that said the zero effect wont work due to the limited cable slide with the parallell limbs of the dually. Please tell me sombody has figured this out. Seriously, I like that rest enoupgh that I may very well go with a another bow if they wont work together. Anyone got the scoop or is it cut and dry, it wont work?
Old 09-20-2004, 06:44 PM

Default RE: No MZE for a Patriot Dually??

Try the muzzy rest that is made for the Mathews bows that use the roller guard for thier cables. It attaches to the buss cable instead of the cable slide, like the Drop zone dose, except it stills uses a linkage. I have not tried it, but it looks like it should work just fine.

I was a bit depressed as well that I could not use my muzzy on my Mighty Might. I switched to a drop zone and am pretty happy with it. I still think the muzzy is slightly better though.

Call muzzy and ask them, they would know.

Paul
Old 09-20-2004, 09:36 PM

We've installed well over 100 MZEs on BowTech bows. There are occasions, depending on model and accessories, where certain modifications are necessary.

Tell your Dealer to attend my seminar at the ATA Show. I will discuss various rests and tuning procedures there.
Old 09-21-2004, 05:46 AM

Len, will a company make a rest that works on 90% of todays bow that does not need some sort of tweaking? Is the bow market developing faster then rest companies can design the correct rests? Or do we as hunters just have to much to chose from?
Old 09-21-2004, 07:43 AM

Good question. I'll try to answer it based on my observations of how many accessory companies have worked in the past.

They design products around the bows they like/have. They set the design in concrete and are reluctant to modify the design due to several reasons.

There is also the fact that the manufacturers of bows keep their products very secretive until the 'time'. Some do it in the fall and others do it at the ATA Show. The accessory designs have to be ready for the show and sometimes 'strike out' for certain bow designs.

Many will try to make one accessory design fit 'all', while others will offer different models as necessary. The MZE is a good example of a manufacturer who offers different options (standard model, Hoyt model, and Mathews model).

I have told many drop-away rest manufacturers how they should modify their designs to accomodate different bows. Only two have listened.

This isn't to say I'm a rest designer; but, I see ALL the applications and have the ability to analyze the problems and form design options. I've been making suggestions to manufacturers for at least 10 years.

I know of one rest manufacturer who, after listening to my suggestions, refused to change his rest. He is now out of business. Some of his design is now being used by CAP (Whisker Biscuit), Bodoodle and NAP. I used to sell hundreds of his rest per year. It's a shame he wouldn't listen to me.
Old 09-21-2004, 11:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

blindsquirel.

I have the MZE on my 03 Patriot Dually and it works perfectly.

Here is a pic of the MZE on the Patriot.

Old 09-21-2004, 06:46 PM

I bought a Bowtech MM VFT and was very disappointed that the MZE would not work. I love that rest on my Parker. Does the MZE for the Mathews work on a Bowtech? That would definitly be worth trying if it does. Has anyone tried it? I'm using a Trohy taker now but I miss my MZE.....
Old 09-23-2004, 08:43 PM
Fork Horn

P1,I picked up my new MM today the ZE will work if tuned properly(thanks Mark Land at Muzzy,Len in MD) bullit holes,1.5 group at 20 within 20 min.of tuneing
Old 09-24-2004, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

blindsquirel, I have an MZE on my pro 38 dually and it works fine. I have to agree with the others. This rest seems so versatile that one of the models should work with a little tuning. If the bow shop has had some experience with the MZE it shouldn't be much of an issue for them. However, if they are unfamiliar with it then I would suggest finding a shop that has experience. The patriot is an awesome bow and I would hate to have to switch just for a rest, it seems easier to find someone with expertise who could help. Then you can have your cake and eat it too.
Old 09-24-2004, 11:31 AM

works fine on my buddy's Bowtech Samson