Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Whisker Biscuit (B2) and helical fletching?

Old 09-19-2004, 10:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Whisker Biscuit (B2) and helical fletching?

I've got my bow on layaway, and while I pay it off I'm thinking about assessories, and specifically arrow rests. I'd like to use helical fletching because I'd also like to use fixed broadheads (I'm trying to go with a K.I.S.S. approach to archery if possible) and helical seems to work best with them.

Anyway, the whisker biscuit has caught my eye, as it seems very simple, quiet, affordable, and foolproof (because I'd be the guy to have my arrow fall off my rest as I drew on Mr. Bruiser). I'm wondering if anyone has encountered problems with the whiskers showing accellerated wear or damage to helical vanes?

Thanks,

Mike
Old 09-19-2004, 11:53 PM

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit (B2) and helical fletching?

driftrider-i don't have one (yet) but i've been asking around this board about them for a week or two. Definately get the newer ones (have black and brown whiskers) and wear on vanes is minimal. Alot of guys shoot feathers through them without trouble. some think the biscuit-helical is a great combo. some thought, will say you ha ve tokeep the angle real mild.
use the search feature on this board and you'll find a half hour or so of reading on how people are liking theres and what seems to work for them.
Old 09-20-2004, 03:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

This should help you out.
http://www.broadheadtests.com/ARROWRESTS.html
Old 09-20-2004, 09:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have original WB and right helical fleching... Have absoutly no warping after many, many, many shots. The only evidence is a bit of black on the edge of each fletch.

So to answer your question... No problems at all.
Old 09-21-2004, 09:39 AM
Fork Horn

I tried a whisker buscuit a couple of seasons ago. I had a problem with it taking my feathers off, after a couple dozen shots.