Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

bowtech limbs good or

Old 09-19-2004, 06:30 PM

Default bowtech limbs good or

I want to buy a bowtech but i have been hearing alot of bad things about the limbs. Also bad service on replacing them. umm
Old 09-19-2004, 06:39 PM

Default RE: bowtech limbs good or

i have not heard of alot of problem. just got done replaceing mine and the customer service is the best
Old 09-20-2004, 01:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

How many threads have you seen from us without any limb issues?
None, because no-one complains about non-issues.
Same goes with anything else- sell thousands of Explorers and have some flip over. You never heard fromt the thousands of owners who didn't flip.

To date (knock on wood) I'm on my 3rd bowtech with no limb issues.

I did have a mathews split a limb on me. But I never blamed mathews or held any disreguard towards them because of it. I'd buy a Mathews in a heartbeat, but prefer the bowtech spec sheet for now.
Old 09-20-2004, 05:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

There have been a couple of threads re: limbs on here. But none relating to problems with service. I'd be curious to hear where the bad service comments originated. If you want a BowTech, buy one. There is no manufacturer that has not had limb, or other problems. I've been shooting BowTechs since 2001, with absolutely no problems, other than one more personal problem which was taken care of within eight days (Oh to Or and back). Pretty good service, I'd say. Service second to none.
Old 09-20-2004, 05:43 AM
Typical Buck

Service has been very good so I'm not sure where you heard that. As far as the quality, I would bet that improper pressing has everything to do with the problems so far.

Lets puts it this way..........I just replaced my limbs and I would go back to Bowtech in a heartbeat.
Old 09-20-2004, 05:22 PM
Fork Horn

I have researched this and came to the conclustion that the problem is more likely than not caused but Bow presses. The right press will not harm the limbs. I spoke one of the biggest Bowtech dealers in Ohio about this and was told they have not had Any problems with limbs on the Bowtechs that they work on. They have a special press for vertical limbs though. He also went on to say that over the years Mathews have showed more limb problems than Bowtech and they are also the biggest Mathews dealer in the state. This was from the head of the archeru dept. Jim
Old 09-20-2004, 06:05 PM
Fork Horn

No company is without a few limb failures. A couple got mentioned here and all the loyalists to other brands wanted to run a round like chicken little crying ..." the sky is falling...."

It's a non issuue......but that is just the opinion of a Bowtech loyalist.
Old 09-20-2004, 06:55 PM

Thanks guys I didn't think there was any real problems with the limbs. I didn't think about the right bow press. the local pro shop dosn't sell bowtech so they don't have the special press.And as for the service there was a post on bowhunting a week or so ago.
Old 09-21-2004, 05:57 AM

Food for thought: I have looked at other sites and have not seen nearly the amount of problems mentioned with Bowtech limbs as on this site. Could it be possible that a few people are generating bad publicity for Bowtech because they have loyalty to another company? Then again, if that was the case, wouldn't they also be on the other sites.

As a matter of fact, I read a thread about Bowtech donating bows to the US Military for people stationed in IRAQ so they could start an Archery club. Also, look at the names of Bowtech bows......After what I read and having spent time over there, I decided to buy a Bowtech. Not soley because they donated bows, but they take it LOYALTY to heart. So, Bowtech having great customer service is no suprise. I am sure someone will point out that the need for no customer service is the best a company can do. Please name one company that is still in buisness that does not have customer service because there product is so good?
Old 09-21-2004, 06:45 AM

i've had trouble with their limbs, but not customer service, its excellent. i think its improper pressing also, possibly mixed with a bad batch. also, when a new concept comes out there are usually a few bugs to fix. do you buy a new innovation in a car, or wait a couple years for the bugs to get worked out? i think CERTAIN shop owners are so used to just throwing in a bow and cranking it down they are making mistakes. just my opinion. the shop owners on here who are selling them aren't having problems, why? well, probably because they do it right. someone mentioned that hoyt was having this issue a few years ago until the shop owners learned how to properly press their new line (at that time). i think bowtech should put out a video.