Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Serious Problem!

Old 09-16-2004, 11:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Serious Problem!

So i'm sitting on the couch surfin this site and BOOM! My bowstring busts! I just set it down like 5 seconds earlier! I'm freaking out! I had a new cable put on it today. I didn't want to I had to! What I need to know is the bow garbage????? I kinda looked at it and nothing seems to be Broke or Craked except for the string! Whats your take on this? Has it happen to anyone and what should I look out for? The string was a 3 years old! Please, Please , Please O' Please tell me its not trash! My season opens on Saturday! I'm Bummed![:@][:'(]
Old 09-16-2004, 11:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Serious Problem!

I'm suffering from CRS right now and can't recall which bow it was, but it has happened to me. The cable should be taught at the moment, preventing the limbs from fully springing outward. Take it to the shop that installed the cable and get the new string (they are both usually replaced at the same time for this very reason) and you should be good to go.
Let the tech give it his blessing and I think you'll be fine.
Old 09-17-2004, 12:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry the Bow is a Hoyt Striker II. Redline Cam. The string is in two and the Limbs are not taught! Cable gaurd went flying when it broke. It was right next to me and kinda like exploded. Scared the p**p out of me. The bow just went limp! I hope its not too bad. The wheel and cam don't seem bent. %#%$#$$##@#$%%^^%$%$%##$$^^sorry.
Old 09-17-2004, 03:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

well its not as bad as a dry fire , go have some strings and cables put on id bet its fine. hoyts a good bow i really doubt what happened would hurt it.
Old 09-17-2004, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Have it checked out throughly. The redline limbs had alot of issues as it is. Check axles, cam/idler bushings, pockets, etc.

If it does have issues, you likely will a difficult time finding replacement parts...at least from Hoyt...original Redline cams are pretty much gone except for some laying around dealers shelves, and I'm sure they have few if any replacement limbs, left. Hoyt rarely keeps parts in stock for more than a couple or 3 years after something is discontinued.
Old 09-17-2004, 08:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks for the info! I'm off to the shop!
Old 09-17-2004, 06:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

The Hoyt survived!!!!!!!! Thanks again!